Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

Nude beach shyness question?

Ok, so I am still here in Florida with my cuz who is convalescing from foot surgery and needs me to drive her around and help her out with stuff. She had me drive her to a local nude beach here (Canaveral something or other?). Our first trip, I only took off my top, leaving my bottom on. My cuz strips down and has no fear in showing the world her "privates". Yesterday we went back and i got kinda sorta brave and went totally in the buff. After a while I kinda, sorta liked it. We met a few other women (both friendly and curious types) there who, from their lack of tan lines look like they rarely wear anything. And all the males we met were either fat and old or 18 y.o. lurker/perv/peeping tom-types. I guess the thing I was fearing ahead of our visit was that people would be having sex on the beach. Anyone care to share their own experiences on nude beaches. Were you more or less shy than me?

April, i'm a true redhead and i don't really tan at all. i burn. lots and lots of spf 40. but i did kinda sorta enjoy going into the water and not having to worry about rough waves knocking my bikini bottoms off.

• April
    Favorite Answer

I have nerver visited one. I am not comfortable with my body yet. i would like to try it though. I bet you get an awsome tan!

I've been to nude beaches in the Caribbean and enjoyed the freedom of not having to wear anything. I agree that there are a lot of fat people, and a few lurkers, and even though at first I was a little pissy about the younger looky loos, I started getting some secret pleasure knowing that other people were enjoying checking out my body. I've become bolder and if I know someone is really checking me out, I'll give them a better look without looking like I know they're looking. There have been a few of the natives in the Caribbean that have walked past, and really given me pleasure looking at them. I also like to frolic in the waves while not wearing anything. It's such a rush to come out of the water nude!

I've been to many nude beaches and haven't noticed. Either way, nude beach or not, it's rude to stare, but people are still going to people watch and check each other other out. Which is OK as long as they're not rude about it. Women, in general, tend to be more self-conscious about their bodies. If someone is staring at me, I'm not likely to notice.

• .

In some very remote locations, you may find people having sex on the beach, but on a public beach it's just as illegal if clothes are optional as when they are required. Nude doesn't = sex...it = lack of clothing.

I live in the FL panhandle and although there are no local nude beaches, some of us know where to go where we can tan sans clothing without too much trouble (just have to watch for the beach patrol). It's never bothered me to be nude on the beach, and people who tan around where I do tend to keep a respectful distance when setting up their "camp" for the day.

I'm not there to oogle other naked bodies, I'm there to soak up some rays without getting tacky tan lines. ☺

• I've been to a beach in Britain - so no joy on the tan lol, but i too enjoyed the freedom of being naked. I didn't like the blatant pervs and a couple of gay guys were knocking one off in a tent behind us which we didn't really like either - so we left. But, if you're in a place where that's not likely to happen then go for it!

funny question, but in a good way.

i had a gf that was an active nudist (we were teens and her whole family were nudists) and I went with them to both nudist "camps" and nude beaches...

i really felt ackward the first twenty minutes of the first time...after that, no worries. the places we went to had people of all ages, from toddlers to 80yr olds...lots of families...seemed like the only ones that were a little uncomfortable were a few in the 11 to 15 age range, understandable i guess, but most were totally comfortable with it.

and, i have to agree, the beaches we went to had the pervy types sometimes, but the camps never did. and NO i never saw anyone having sex, so if they were, they were pretty sly about it...i wouldnt worry about that, if anyone were obvious, they would get busted pretty quick im sure.

• ?

Most are clothing optional. I very much like swimming without trunks, the waves often pulled them down to my ankles anyway, but when I get out, I put them on, to avoid a sunburn in a painful place. I've never seen anything approaching bad behavior including PDA's of any kind. After a while, you don't even notice the nudity.

If it is all that much of a problem for you, stay off the beach. Obviously your conscience is bothering you or it wouldn't be a problem. If it is, then it is wrong for you to do it. Trying to overcome it may be successful, but you will wind up with a fried conscience that can no longer be trusted to tell you what is right and what is wrong. If that happens, then you will left to "whatever feels good" at the moment to do and it can lead you to a world of heartache, pain and even death. Right now your conscience is trying to tell you something. You should listen to it and let it be your guide while it is still able to lead you the right way.

I went to a nude beach once a couple of years ago... it was horrible. Not that I'm an ugly man (I'm alright) but I was easily the best looking person there. Everyone else was really old (like 60) and/or really gross.

#1 Social Reprogramming Method - http://SocialAnxiety.uzaev.com/?knaF