Nude beach shyness question?

Ok, so I am still here in Florida with my cuz who is convalescing from foot surgery and needs me to drive her around and help her out with stuff. She had me drive her to a local nude beach here (Canaveral something or other?). Our first trip, I only took off my top, leaving my bottom on. My cuz strips down and has... show more Ok, so I am still here in Florida with my cuz who is convalescing from foot surgery and needs me to drive her around and help her out with stuff. She had me drive her to a local nude beach here (Canaveral something or other?). Our first trip, I only took off my top, leaving my bottom on. My cuz strips down and has no fear in showing the world her "privates". Yesterday we went back and i got kinda sorta brave and went totally in the buff. After a while I kinda, sorta liked it. We met a few other women (both friendly and curious types) there who, from their lack of tan lines look like they rarely wear anything. And all the males we met were either fat and old or 18 y.o. lurker/perv/peeping tom-types. I guess the thing I was fearing ahead of our visit was that people would be having sex on the beach. Anyone care to share their own experiences on nude beaches. Were you more or less shy than me?
Update: April, i'm a true redhead and i don't really tan at all. i burn. lots and lots of spf 40. but i did kinda sorta enjoy going into the water and not having to worry about rough waves knocking my bikini bottoms off.