Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

Whats the longest song ?

Whats the longest song known to man and how long is it???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

According to Guiness, "The Devil Glitch" (69 minutes) is the longest pop song.

The second site claims it is "Aleph-nought bottles of beer on the wall" which you repeat until you pass out.

The third site claims it is "Longplayer," a 1000 year long piece of music which started to play on January 1st of 2000 and will continue to play, without repetition, until December 31st 2999, when it will come back to the point at which it began - and begin again.

The Longest Song Title is claimed to be - "The Sad But True Story Of Ray Mingus, The Lumberjack Of Bulk Rock City, And His Never Slacking Stribe In Exploiting The So Far Undiscovered Areas Of The Intention To Bodily Intercourse From The Opposite Species Of His Kind, During Intake Of All The Mental Condition That Could Be Derived From Fermentation "

• 1 decade ago

A 639-year-long version of John Cage's "ORGAN2/ASLSP As Slow As Possible," first played on Cage's 89th birthday on September 5, 2001. It has been playing ever since, and will continue to play for another 630 years. The next chord change is scheduled for November of 2009.

I guess it's more of a tune than a "song." And not much of one at that, if you consider trying to listen to it.

• 1 decade ago

Are you kidding me? You think a 7 minute song is the longest ever?

Probably some classical music is really long.

• 1 decade ago

Some of Brian Eno's songs last over an hour.

Neroi lasts 57 minutes. It's ambient though so its not comparable to a hour long pop song or anything.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Ina Gada Davida by Iron Butterfly!

• Norma
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Light My Fire. It's almost 7 minutes long.

• 1 decade ago

"The Wall" I can't remember the artist though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.