Z asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Why are Israel and Palestine fighting?

I really dont understand the whole Gaza conflict.. and it seems like most of the world is siding with Palestine. What gives?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The whole problem can be summed up thus:

Israel is willing to have a two state solution and live in peace side by side with Palestine.

The Palestinians on the other hand want to destroy Israel and exterminate the Jewish people of Israel and destroy their state.

• 5 years ago

Jews want more land so they are attacking Palestine. In fact if you do research you can find out that Palestinians had a lot of land but Israel took it all. You see Israel destroyed all Palestinian land. Palestinian are just defending against Israel. People are supporting Israel because Israel has an army navy Air Force and tanks but Palestine has a refugee camp and home made missiles. You see Israel calls ceasefire but continue firing because they say that Palestine must pay heavy price for destroying Israel petrol station when Israel destroyed tons of buildings in gaza. Palestine is innocent so people are supporting Palestine!!!!!!!

• tacker
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i've got had adequate of all of this racism against Jews and Muslims. at the start, till now any hate starts coming, I truly have studied faith for years and have lived in 3 thoroughly distinctive worldwide places. a ideal, good muslim will agree that all and sundry of those stupid extremists are not authentic Muslims, and the comparable is going for the Jews. they're genuinely the comparable faith with the comparable God, yet Jews in simple terms dont have faith in Prophet Mohammed, and that's all. additionally please dont continuously pay attention and have faith each and every thing it truly is on the information. maximum folk do see the similarities between Jews and Muslims, by way of fact all they see on television conventional is them.battling. I choose all of it might in simple terms end. they at the instant are not gaining something.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

gaza and israel are fighting over a piece of land also gaza want to be independent like kosovo wanted to be from serbia i think they should think of the poor innocent children of both countries and stop but america is the country that can do something as it's the most powerful but wont as israel and america are friendly im sick of seeing it on t.v there is so much pain in the world oh when will it end

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The modern state of Israel has its roots in the Land of Israel (Eretz Yisrael), a concept central to Judaism since ancient times, and the heartland of the ancient Kingdom of Judah to which modern Jews are usually attributed. After World War I, the League of Nations approved the British Mandate of Palestine with the intent of creating a "national home for the Jewish people." In 1947, the United Nations approved the partition of Palestine into two states, one Jewish and one Arab. On May 14, 1948 the state of Israel declared independence and this was followed by a war with the surrounding Arab states, which refused to accept the plan. The Israelis were subsequently victorious in a series of wars confirming their independence and expanding the borders of the Jewish state beyond those in the UN Partition Plan. Since then, Israel has been in conflict with many of the neighboring Arab countries, resulting in several major wars and decades of violence that continue to this day. Since its foundation, Israel's boundaries and even the State's very right to exist have been subject to dispute, especially among its Arab neighbors. Israel has signed peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan, and efforts are being made to reach a permanent accord with the Palestinians. However several countries, including Syria and Iran, refuse to recognise Israel's right to exist.

According to the Torah, the Land of Israel was promised to the three Patriarchs of the Jewish people, by God, as their homeland; scholars have placed this period in the early 2nd millennium BCE. According to the traditional view, around the 11th century BCE, the first of a series of Israelite kingdoms and states established rule over the region; these Israelite kingdoms and states ruled intermittently for the following one thousand years. The sites holiest to Judaism are located within Israel.

Between the time of the Israelite kingdoms and the 7th-century Muslim conquests, the Land of Israel fell under Assyrian, Babylonian, Persian, Greek, Roman, Sassanian, and Byzantine rule.

Jews living in the Diaspora have long aspired to return to Zion and the Land of Israel. That hope and yearning was articulated in the Bible, and is a central theme in the Jewish prayer book. Beginning in the 12th century, Catholic persecution of Jews led to a steady stream leaving Europe to settle in the Holy Land, increasing in numbers after Jews were expelled from Spain in 1492. During the 16th century large communities struck roots in the Four Holy Cities, and in the second half of the 18th century, entire Hasidic communities from eastern Europe settled in the Holy Land.

Theodor Herzl, visionary of the Jewish State, in 1901.The first large wave of modern immigration, known as the First Aliyah (Hebrew: עלייה), began in 1881, as Jews fled pogroms in Eastern Europe. While the Zionist movement already existed in theory, Theodor Herzl is credited with founding political Zionism, a movement which sought to establish a Jewish state in the Land of Israel, by elevating the Jewish Question to the international plane. In 1896, Herzl published Der Judenstaat (The Jewish State), offering his vision of a future state; the following year he presided over the first World Zionist Congress.

The Second Aliyah (1904–1914), began after the Kishinev pogrom. Some 40,000 Jews settled in Palestine.

That's why.

Source(s): Wiki.
  • 1 decade ago

We live in a very anti-Jewish world. They are fighting because Hamas basically want's to wipe Israel off the map because they feel Israel has no right to exist. They are basically fighting over land. In my opinion the side to support is easy. Israel is not the one threatening genocide. Hamas is.

• 1 decade ago

The Jews want total control of palestine and want the large

reserves of Gas and oil that they think is under it for themselves Hamas did not do themselves any favors when they signed a

deal with British gas to get it out in 2006. This is why they will

not stop until they destroy Hamas who they see as terrorists

#####//electronicintifada.net/v2/article4909.shtml

Source(s): ####//electronicintifada.net/v2/article4909.shtml
  • johnny
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Terrorists attack, Israel retaliates, people die. It bites, certainly nothing Israel's dancing in the street about, but they're somewhat backed into a corner.

• 1 decade ago

Gaza is launching rockets into Israel... Israel is tired of it... Israel finally returns fire.. sends in major ground invasion... the world thinks that was too drastic.. frankly.. Hamas is getting what they deserve...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LOTS of rockets . . . falling from the sky onto Israel. THAT's why they are fighting. Just imagine that rockets are falling "near" your home, or your kids' school. How long would it be before you DID something to stop that?

Let's review:

Who called off the cease fire? . . . . HAMAS

Who started launching rockets? . . . . HAMAS

(10,000 rockets since 2001, see link, provided at the bottom.)

Who puts their "headquarters" among civilian neighborhoods? . . . . HAMAS.

I don't like seeing kids bleeding . . . but for the above mentioned reasons, I remind myself that that kid is bleeding because of HAMAS.

Dan in Miami

P.S. Weren't the people of Gaza DANCING in the streets and clapping their hands with joy when 3,000 Americans died in the Twin Towers ? Yes, . . . .I do believe they were . . . . so don't expect me to shed a bucket of tears over their deaths . . . since they CELEBRATED 3,000 American deaths.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/jun/07/israel

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx...

Hamas' exiled leader on Wednesday called off a cease-fire with Israel

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1Y1-100070025.html

10,000 rockets since 2001

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/01/09/200...

2,900 rockets / mortars JUST in 2008, alone

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3639180,...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.