Delaware e-Commerce/Online Sales Tax?

Hi,

If my LLC is incorporated in Delaware (0% sales tax) and I drop ship my products from California (7.25% sales tax), do I have to charge Sales Tax to my customer if my business is all e-commerce/online and some telephone/mail order?

A 3rd party manages the drop shipping for me in California, so the drop shipper is an outsources service I use, not part of my LLC.

I am hoping that I don't have to charge any Sales Tax as all of my LLC operations are in Delaware.

Also, if I have an address in another state for business purposes, but the LLC is still in Delaware, will this affect me?

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

You have to collect the sales tax for deliveries that are instate if you have a nexus in that state.

The drop shipper is a nexus. So is your home state, so if you deliver to anyone in that state, you need to collect for them too.