Breathing the steam when I steam my face can kill me? Huh Is that true?

I heard that the steam in heat is bad for your internal organs which makes sense. I love steaming my face, what is the safest procedure in doing so. And is steaming my face once a weak to much. Plus how long should I steam for?

• slamn5
    Favorite Answer

Steam inhalation is an effective treatment in respiratory conditions and is highly recommended for treatment of the common cold, sinusitis, bronchitis, allergies and asthma.

Steam relieves inflammation and congestion of upper respiratory mucous membranes.

Steam relieves throat irritation by moistening the air.

Steam relieves spasmodic breathing (Asthma, Croup).

Steam loosens secretions and stimulates discharge of mucous from the throat and lungs (natural expectorant).

Steam relaxes muscles and relieves coughing.

Steam Keep mucous membranes from excessive drying

If it was true that steam was bad for internal organs, why would there be so many steam rooms at health clubs and now even being marketed to the general public?

Good luck.

From what I've read from medical websites, inhaling steam helps your airway passages open up more, making it easier to breath. I've been having trouble breathing lately and I turned the hot water on at work (it's extremely hot water in a metal sink, so it makes alot of steam) and put my face in all that steam and it felt so freaking good!

I think it's good for your lungs too, just keep the steamer clean.