I need to find the recipe for a Burmese dessert called ShweJi. might be spelled differently...?

it contains cream of wheat, coconut cream,sugar, raisins and milk. it's topped with sesame seeds and baked until golden. I just need the instructions on how to cook it, mix it, bake it etc.

I'm confused, is semolina the same thing as cream of wheat? meaning, if I go to my local supermarket and buy cream of wheat, will it be the same thing needed for the recipe?

and what is cardamom? I googled it and there seems to be tons of different varieties, so which one should I use...?

Favorite Answer

Sanwihn Makkin /sinna makin

1 1/4 c fine semolina

2 c fresh milk

2 c thick coconut milk

1 c lt brown sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 tsp grd cardamom

5 oz butter + 1 Tbsp extra

4 lg eggs

2 Tbsp white sesame seeds

Directions:

Pour semolina into a medium saucepan, toast over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until light golden in color. Stir in milk, coconut milk, add sugar, salt. Bring to boil, simmer, stirring constantly, until very thick. Add cardamom, 5 oz. butter. Continue stirring over low heat until the mixture is very smooth and pulls away from pan. Separate eggs, add yolks, beat in vigorously. Beat whites to soft peaks, then fold into batter. Pour batter into buttered 8" cake pan, sprinkle the top with sesame seeds. Bake at 325°F for 1 1/4 hours, or until firm. Dot remaining butter over top, let cool in pan. cut into diamond shapes for serving.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): find recipe burmese dessert called shweji spelled differently: https://shortly.im/ZYSgv

West African Lime Cake Recipe 1 cup sugar 2 1/2 tablespoons butter 2 egg 1 lime, juice of 1 1/2 cups flour 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder chopped peanuts (optional) Cream the sugar and butter, add the well beaten eggs and the lime juice, then the flour and baking powder. Pour into greased and flured 8" square cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until straw stuck into cneter comes out clean. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top for garnish if you like.

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aUAHe

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

I think the "cream of wheat" you a referring to is in fact Semolina (see Wikipedia link below for definition)

If that is so the dessert you are asking about may be Sesame Semolina Pudding (Sanwin-makin)

*follow link for recipe*

http://www.asian-recipes.com/burma/sesame-semolina...

There is also Shwe-kyi Sa-nywin-makin or Semolina Cake

*follow link for recipe*

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Resort/3871/sh...

Those links are also sites that have many Burmese/Myanmar recipes.

I hope that helps you.

Burma Dessert