Why was a very good health question on morbid obesity deleted?

The question was "How can I help a grossly obese friend lose weight?" That question needs to be reinstated because this person was trying to save a friend's life. Morbid obesity is a serious health problem in this country and as a healthcare professional I believe the question should be reinstituted and we should be allowed to answer. They guy was not being ugly!

Shizzle, thanks. I will try that. For some reason, the "bot" that selects the spot sent it here. I will ask if the medical/healthcare community will address the question in my comments for the sake of the person that asked the original question. I think they really wanted to help someone and it got deleted.

Favorite Answer

The question may have been unjustly reported and automatically deleted by the automated system.

Deleted questions and answers are apparently not seen and reviewed by real people until the appeal stage. Hopefully the relevant person will appeal and win if the question was deleted by Yahoo!.

It is actually possible that for some reason the person who asked the question deleted it themselves. Some people do actually delete their own question for various reasons.

you need to ask someone who can actually change that - like a member of the YA admin team - we can't help ya here, sorry.