Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Am I mentally stable?

Well...

I am a 15 year old guy.

I am very popular in school and around my town there not many people that don't like me or know my name.

I make okay grades could be better I hold an AB average.

But...

I feel horrible about myself. I cry a lot for no reason. One day I was watching a diaper commercial and started to bawl. Either I am somewhere crying or I am mad as hell. Someone through something at me in school and flipped out on him and threw a book at him and hit him right between the eyes.

I feel I have a problem... lol

Just tell me if you agree...

Favorite Answer

Well you could be bipolar or depressed. And you aren't alone. A lot of people suffer from this too. Your young and its normal. When I was your age I went through a really tough time as well. Its hard to go to someone and tell them whats going on because you might feel embarrassed like i did. But getting counseling and medication can really help you out a lot and ease a lot of pressure that you might be feeling. Just remember your not alone. You arent crazy. And though you may not be emotionally stable your more or less mentally stable. Just hang in there.

I don't think you are crazy or mentally unstable. There are three possibilities in my opinion, depression, bipolar disorder, or just being a teenager. I think the latter is the most likely cause. If nothing else has happened, then geez. Everyone gets mad when people hit them. I attack my sister all the time for little things, I'm just emotional. I cry alot too. Again I'm emotional and get over stressed. I cry when I'm overstressed or start feeling like I can't do certain things like school.

If something serious happens, then talk to your parents.

Source(s): I think it may just be hormones.
  • nyc

If you feel like you have a problem,,, maybe... but I guess you are ok. (Did something situational happen? like parents fighting etc??)

Maybe you just wanted to cry that day or sometime,, and if someone threw you something at you,, that guy or girl has a problem, not you.. And if you threw a book at him,, it is not an ideal way to deal with it, but considering that you are 15 yrs old boy,, I think it is pretty normal.

In this crazy world at crazy times,,, I think you are fine... "Normal" doesn't exist anymore, and "normal" depends on who you ask the definition for, anyway!

Maybe try finding something you can channel your energy/thoughts into,, like any sort of sports, friends' group,, singing, poetry, etc,, sometimes, just exercising changes your mood for better too.

Source(s): Master's in Psych
  • uhm not the first part but i am your age but the second part i am IDENTICAL to the shape your in... listen i have been seeing a counselor which isn't enough so now im going to see a psychologist i have been diagnosed with moderate to severe depression, and i think there is more. i wonder if i have Bi-Polar disorder (doubt it though) and i think i have OCD but anyway i don't think your mentally stable because im in the same shape as your in and im not mentally stable... actually i think im worse cuz u sound u like u have a bit better of a life good luck

Source(s): if you are depressed dont let it get u exremly down cuz deep depression is WAY hard to get out of.. its a lot easier to go down then it is to come up. plz vote as best answer. good luck. get help dont wait like me.
  • Sam G

You react a little too much. I'm assuming that the diaper commercial was the one with silent night playing. You have a quick temper/sadness thing, but your not like institutional insane or even close.

I wouldn't stress about it, you're a teenager. Your just emotional, it happens to all teens (not just girls). If things don't get better or start to ease up, you might want to see a doctor, you may be depressed. I would definitely talk to your parents or an adult you trust, just so someone is aware how you feel.

I think you should speak to your parents or guardian regarding this issue, you are at a tough, sensitive stage in life and could possibly just be overwhelmed. Or maybe you should see a doctor to discuss symptoms of depression. Its all very normal...especially for your age. Good luck.

They have these test that you can take that your school counselor can give. They tell how emotional you are and if you need to see a Dr. I think I took one before(but my was at my regular clinic) and I had to go to the Psyhciatrist.

Hope This Helps!!

Source(s): ME (:

Talk to someone about it, a councilor at school or something. They'll be the ones who will be able to tell you. See your family doctor too.. they can help. If you don't feel right, then get it checked out.

Don't you wish Yahoo! Answers was a service that you could type things in and all your problems would be solved? For this guy, I would type in "insane asylum" and off he goes!