Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

How many people bought guns or would buy guns because of the election?

How many people bought guns or know family or friends who bought guns because Obama got elected? Why?

Favorite Answer

I did the same as The Man With The Yellow Hat. Stock up on ammo. Why? Supreme Court said we could have guns. They never said we had the right to have ammo. Some members of congress are already proposing ridiculous legislation such as banning lead bullets due to the possibility of lead poisoning from eating game shot with them. This will be similar to the mandated steel shot for waterfowl hunting that costs 3-4 times as much as lead shot. Another is mandating that individual serial numbers be put on all bullets sold for use in handguns. The expense here would be enough to put most out of business and make bullets too expensive for most sportsmen. This is professed to aid in tracking bullets used in violent crimes, however, the likelihood of a serial number to be discerned after being removed from a body is very slim. Bullets rarely stay intact after impact.

i was talking to a worker at sheels (in the gun section of course) and he said that gun/ammo sales have gone up. i beleive that obama will try to take away guns but only get the semi autos. It would be very hard for him to totaly take away guns because to change the constitution you need congress and a total of 35 states and some other stuff. but im sure he will jump the taxes up on firearms. but there are so many ignorant people in right now so who knows.

We already have guns, but bought 4 more pistols and a shotgun with the ammo to go with it. Because Obama is anti-gun and pretty sure prices will sky rocket once he gets his legislation passed.

• a m

We already own guns and ammo. My husband did just buy a new one, just because he always wanted this particular kind. I however want another hand gun and plan on getting one pretty soon, Hopefully Jan. 20.

• Bill

Already have guns but have been stocking up on ammo just in case.

Gun store owners have said they can't remember the last time they've

seen such heavy traffic in their stores.

I grabbed the last two boxes of 9mm rounds last sunday at one store.

Yeah..... I picked up a dozen AR15 lowers just in case the Obama man tries to pass a Clinton style gun ban......

i have some and i bought 2 more just because, we are clinging to our guns and will be ready for the next war among americans

Democrats in Congress, Democrat in the White House - look out, they always want your guns!

• Nathan

I already have guns. I did stock up on ammo though. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

• Really, if that is the only reason, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Besides, he has never said he is going to take anything away from anyone. I really think that the conservatives are on here in droves tonight.