flowers in michigan???

Ok, I am looking for bouquets for my bridesmaids and I am torn on whether I should attempt to make them (I have one bridesmaid who used to work for a florist and she has offered to help) or by them. I have 8 girls and I also would like to get boutonnieres for the men, again dont know if I should buy or make. Anyone know good affordable flourists in Michigan, I am in the Port Huron area if anyone has suggestioins, I also work out by Mount clemens so that isnt an issue either. I am looking for either good florist or a wholsaler of flowers? Anyone know anything?

Favorite Answer

As a parent that spent TOO MUCH on flowers, I'm glad you're looking for a less expensive option.

Wish I knew Costco had flowers, thanks for the tip.

Here's the website. If you have the time, this was much less than I spent.

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=627...

I thought about making my own bouquets/bouts/etc myself from wholesale flowers from Costco (not sure if you have those in MI...you have Meijer though, right?), but I'm not thinking I'm going to have a whole lot of free time right before the wedding...so it's worth ~$500 to me to save my sanity from the stress of doing it myself. I shopped around and found someone local to me (in CA) who will do all my flowers for a decent price. However, if your bridesmaid knows what she is doing and is willing to help out, I would seriously consider it if I were you. I think there are mail order wholesale flower places too, try using Google to find them.

But at least you could interview some local florists see if you find anything you like. I found mine by looking on places like www.theknot.com, www.weddingchannel.com, www.ourweddingday.com, www.herecomestheguide.com, and craigslist.

I live in Michigan and went to Dynamic Flowers in Royal Oak for my bouquets.