Two of my favorite players in MLB are now Red Sox. Any of your favorite players with a rival team now?

John Smoltz and Rocco Baldelli. This sucks man, now I have to root against them.

Oh you will soon, Believes, oh yes, you will, lol. They are for sure rivals as long as they stay decently competitive. Wouldn't call it a rivalry though. I'm sure it has the potential to become one, although not storied like the Red Sox/Yankees.

When I said root against them I didn't mean them personally. I will be rooting against the team of course. I'd never root against them personally, especially Rocco, that would be pretty foul. As posted in my question I never said "former" favorite players.

• Jay™
    Favorite Answer

Johnny Damon

He had been my favorite player since his first season with the Sox. By the time I got a jersey of his, a really nice $100 jersey with the 2004 World Series Champions patch on it, he left after the next season. I got wicked pissed because that's the only Red Sox jersey I own...

When I heard his oath that he wouldn't go to New York, I was all excited but then the Yankees loosened up his tongue with cold, hard cash...F*CK THE YANKEES

• Greta

I still like Johnny Damon a lot. I've never understood how some Red Sox fans could turn against him like they did and call him "the anti-Christ" or a "sellout." He's a smart guy who recognizes that baseball is a business as well as a game. He didn't make a big production out of going to New York and he didn't badmouth Boston.

And I'll NEVER EVER forget how much he helped the Red Sox in '04. Without Johnny Damon, there wouldn't have been any 2004 World Series Championship.

I like Johnny Damon a lot, he's one of my very favorite players and probably always will be. The fact that he's wearing pinstripes doesn't make me hate him at all, actually.

It's hilarious how hard the Rays have tried to become rivals with us... no one in Boston seems to think of the Rays of rivals. When the Red Sox lost Johnny Damon to the Yankees, I wasn't too happy. I also used to like C.C. and Teixeira, but they're both on the Yankees now. Giambi was my favorite player on the A's until he made the switch back in the early 00's. It seems like every MLB player plays for the Yankees at some point in their career...

Source(s): And also, why would you root against them? The Red Sox needed a hard hitting right-handed outfielder to play part time, and Rocco was the perfect match. You should be happy he's on a team he wants to be on. You should root for him, and against the Red Sox in general if anything.... I don't get why you are going to refuse to support him anymore. Oh ok, I see where you're coming from now. Rooting against Rocco would be really low actually. He's lucky he's still playing baseball after everything he's been through.

Johnny Damon.

He was one of the reasons I started watching baseball (and liking -er, selling my soul) to the Red Sox. I'm still a fan of his... : )

Chien-Ming Wang has been great this season so far and I see him being a great pitcher in the future. Dice-K is doing better this year than last year. I think he is still developing and will eventually be just as good as Wang.

Red Sox Own they r goin to win since we dont have coco crisp he sucked and also yankees suck

Well Ryan Braun is one of my favorite Right handed hitters along with Pujols so I guess that suits this answer huh?

I did not know Baldelli went to the Sox

Jason Schdmit

I'm a pirates fan, and here's who we lost:

oliver perez

aramis ramirez

brian giles

salomon torres

jason bay

xavier nady

pokey reese

jason kendall

craig wilson

and tons more

.....can you imagine if we had them all still?!

Source(s): PS: i was in tampa/st pete in august for vacation- i never saw any rays fans or any sport fans and i stayed in the don cesar which was 2 miles from tropicana

Red Sox all the way. These two guys will only inch us closer to a championship.