promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
joshua b asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

do you think cp3 will pass john stockton in career assists & steals?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think yes in steals but no in assists. cp3's game is based on his quickness, he'll get slower when he ages and will be less effective. Whereas Stockton's game was based on a system where he didn't have to be athletic, just a great team player.

But I think cp3 gets so many steals that he'll pass Stockton for career steals.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Chris Paul will have to stay healthy for most of his career.

That being said Paul is putting up better numbers than Stockton did at a younger age in assist, rebounds, steals and points, but Stockton only missed 22 games his whole career and 18 or those came in one season.

So Paul has a head start.

Again if he stays healthy and has as long of a career as Stockton did he could break both of his records.

Still that would be the only way and Paul's game is more attacking the rim then John. Which leads to injuries... also Stockton was a tough guy for his frame and position.

• 1 decade ago

John Stockton played 19 seasons in the NBA without missing more than 30 games in all 19 seasons. Also he averaged around 10.5 assists for his entire season. Paul will probably not break seeing as I can't see him playing 19 seasons as his stats will decline with age like Stockton's. Stockton even averaged 14.5 and 14.2 in 2 of his seasons per game. Oh and only 4 players have even logged half as many steals and assists as Stockton.

• jake g
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

definitely! I think stockton avr 18 pts and 11 assts pg... CP3 can avr 21-22 ppg and about 12 a game and also 2-3 stl per game. I think he's better than stockton except of course John is one of the best shooters in the history of the nba

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if cp3 keeps having about 10 assists and 2 steals a game every game in his career, then yes he might pass it.

Source(s): YK
  • That is almost a given I think if CP3 could stay healthy.

CP3 game is just crazy good. If he would just take good care of his body and with luck, he'll eventually surpass stockton.

Longevity has a big luck factor associated with it though; I would not be to surprise if he did not.

Talent wise though, its not even close! and this statement is coming from a big John Stockton fan.

• rall
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

noticeably unlikely, he could desire to be suitable 5 interior the tip and that i think of he shouldnt have too plenty worry getting the #2 spot surpassing Mark Jackson's 10,334, or if Jason Kidd finally ends up at 2d.the only way i see Paul getting the #a million spot is a occupation that lasts over 15 seasons, and he particularly desires a super guy to in simple terms throw the ball to and get those undemanding assists, yet even then thats an prolonged shot, he could prefer to common over a competent span approximately 14 asssitst a season, thats surprisingly confusing.

• 1 decade ago

never John Stockton averaged a career double-double, with 13.1 points and 10.5 assists per game. He holds the NBA's record for most career assists (15,806) by a considerable margin, as well as the record for most career steals (3,265). He had five of the top six assists seasons in NBA history (the other belonging to Isiah Thomas). He holds the NBA record for the most seasons and consecutive games played with one team, and is third in total games played, behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Robert Parish. He missed only 22 games during his career, 18 of them in one season. As a point of comparison, he played in 34 games where he tallied 20 or more assists.

• yes he's my baby lol

Source(s): Go New Orleans Hornets
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO WAY!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.