My dad has beaten me... I am 23?

Hi everyone, I need serious and professional advice. I really do not know what to do and who to turn to. :( My dad has slapped me 4-5 on my face a few hours ago. He has been beating me many many times before but I had no choice then. Let me explain when we were kid (me and my sis) my dad would beat us, me mostly... show more Hi everyone, I need serious and professional advice. I really do not know what to do and who to turn to. :(
My dad has slapped me 4-5 on my face a few hours ago. He has been beating me many many times before but I had no choice then. Let me explain when we were kid (me and my sis) my dad would beat us, me mostly for any silly reason. At that time mom would tell us to say sorry to him (when I think about this it makes me so angry now).

But he continued even if we were teens, when I was 15 my uncle saw me with a guy and told my dad. He beat me like crazy that day even told me to leave the house. I had no choice I did not know what to do. I cried, I even stopped talking to my dad but then I pardoned him after a bit more than 2 years. Then there was an issue with some decorative stuff in the living room he asked me and my sis to put it (electric was involved) obviously we couldn't do it. That day he beat me again, my sis too and told us to leave the house. I was 18 that time, helpless again we just left home and went to an aunt's place but just to come back again. He calmed a bit since then since many relatives knew about what happened.

We thought he changed... but we were so wrong :(
He has beaten me today and I am 23!!! When he came to slap me I froze I couldn't do anything, but I stayed strong. A few hours passed already, am sitting here in my room crying with anger, not knowing what can be the best thing to do not to mess up my life. I have messed up my education already because of him, I couldn't concentrate in anything at school.

I am engaged and I am working too (earning $350) it's not much but average salary here in my country. I thought I would work save some money and get married with my own money. But I want to change that decision now, my dad did not change and will never change. I want to just leave but I don't know where to go, if I go to a relative's place I would have to come back. I just want to leave forever and never see my dad's face again.

After what happened today I consider him dead! What should I do... I am scared. He messed up my entire life, I don't want to take any silly decision and allow him to continue to mess up my life like this.

Sorry for being a bit long but I had to explain what happened, I badly need someone to understand my situation. BTW I am from Mauritius.
Update: * I was crying while my sis was with me and she phone the police, we waited but they never came. They just asked if my dad was drunk (he was not). See, he could have beaten me to death they would probably never come. I understand when most will say why I did not leave and did not do anything before, it's... show more * I was crying while my sis was with me and she phone the police, we waited but they never came. They just asked if my dad was drunk (he was not). See, he could have beaten me to death they would probably never come.

I understand when most will say why I did not leave and did not do anything before, it's hard but when you have been raised this way and everyone around you behave like you it's not easy to change. We were scared, I still have that fear in me but I want to do something now.

Also leaving your parents home early is not a common thing here in mauritius definitely the reason why I have not left yet.
Update 2: here is a pic I have taken of my left eyebrow http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/8682/mydadhasbeatenmeva7.jpg