Why is it that police tend to hassle import drivers more so than people who drive domestic cars?

I'm not trying to put down police officers at all, I have the utmost respect for them and have always been treated respectfully by every cop I've ever encountered. I drive a modified Mustang which is pretty loud and have never been pulled over for anything. But my friends who drive mod'd imports like... show more I'm not trying to put down police officers at all, I have the utmost respect for them and have always been treated respectfully by every cop I've ever encountered. I drive a modified Mustang which is pretty loud and have never been pulled over for anything. But my friends who drive mod'd imports like 240SX's and Preludes get pulled over all the time for excessive noise, etc. And I never do. I just that that was odd.