Anonymous

A Skin BLEACHING Family??!!! Jamaica?

I have heard of this! 3 yrs ago I visited Jamaica(my country) and people came up to my sister saying how in the country people bleach to get her complexion.

WATCH THIS! it disgusts me!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgSB2E9S_o

Youtube thumbnail

&eurl=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?&feature=player_e...

Yeah all I could think was DUMBASS...she said "oh its the style" wth!

and the little boy wants girls...wow...mad country! this makes me ashamed to be Jamaican..and they do this alot in Haiti and Africa!

Favorite Answer

i was mad when she said we go to the dance and you see the video.now we WHITE.wtf is their problem.even though i'm lightskin but it still hurts to see black people say that because it's like white people are better than us.newsflash dumbass maybe we would be put on the same level as whites(in a lot of peoples eyes)if we didn't have self hating bit-c-h-ez in our race like you.ughh they so stupid.and her brown skin color is gorgeous like that.her *** need to stop.i hope she wind up looking like her mama

It's true some nations promote skin bleaching. I was in India recently and there were a lot of ads on tv promoting skin creams that lighten the skin. Nivea and Oil of Olay were 2 big participants in this. Sad but true.

• Karel

This is sad.......I didn't think this was happening in Jamaica, because the men are always talking about staying true to your roots....and they love black women, regardless of their complexion.....I am shocked by the things they said

I think in India and Africa it's worst....even the stars makes commercials in India about skin bleaching and that one's life would be better if you were fair........sad, sad, sad

this is common not just in jamaica but it is common in latin america and even asia.

in india, the whiter you are the higher socioeconomic status you are. like usually, if you have very light skin in india, you are considered a higher caste. also the whiter you are, the more likely you are to succeed in the film industry.

europe- everyone tans like crazy to get the same tan complexion of hispanics and asians

the idea we learn from this is...we want what we can not have.

Source(s): i am indian

they are like many black people who look down on there own race, what a shame I guess they live in an area where evryone is black and they would like to stand out, however they are fools who are ruining there own skin it doesnt even may them look good, it actually makes the look terrible, what is there problem

You should read Laura Jefferson’s book "Skin Whitening At Home" ( I saw it's also available in electronic format +video: http://www.skinwhiteningathome.com ). After 8 weeks I managed to get my skin a few tones whiter and I also got rid of freckles.

The method she teaches in her book is natural, inexpensive, and is readily available in most homes. You could even find some ingredients in your own backyard. The most wonderful thing about the method she shares in her book is that it will help you whiten or lighten your skin pigmentations, freckles, age spots, acne marks, dark underarms, melasma, or your overall skin color easily and naturally without breaking your bank or producing dangerous side effects. Good Luck!

I personally find the country looks so exotic...........I really like it.