powerpoint for mac/windows?

Uh, I don't know where to get a the application powerpoint for my macbook, so I figured I would just use my windows computer and use that powerpoint and put it on a flashdrive and put it on my macbook. Would my macbook be able to open the file if it was made on windows?

are macs able to open the file if the powerpoint was made on windows?

i wouldnt open it on my macbook, i'd open it on my friends macbook who has the powerpoint application.

Best Answer

You can either Use Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Mac - get it from Apple

or Keynote which is part of iWork09

or OpenOffice which will open PowerPoint files.

Just be aware that if you make a PowerPoint presentation on a Mac that it WILL corrupt when you try to demo it on PowerPoint on Windows because Mac Truetype fonts and Windows Bitmap fonts don;t mix.

So if you make it on Mac show it on Mac.

Source(s): Experience
  • Ingrid

if you get open office you can save documenst in the microsoft format like .pps for powerpoint you could import the file into openoffice than save it as a powerpoint presentation

it should if the mac is using Microsoft powerpoint 2008.

yes it will work, just make sure that your versions are the same.

i know the new 2008 microsoft office has a docx format and a regular doc format that you can save it. the docx only works on the 2008 version so just make sure you check before you save it!

Yes it will work