I have a question about birth control and my period?

Contacts--don't read unless you want to read about yucky female stuff. So, I'm on the Ortho Evra patch. I am on the second patch of the month right now, but I really should have changed to the third on Sunday but I forgot. I had really really horrific cramps a few days ago, but they're gone now,... show more Contacts--don't read unless you want to read about yucky female stuff.

So, I'm on the Ortho Evra patch. I am on the second patch of the month right now, but I really should have changed to the third on Sunday but I forgot. I had really really horrific cramps a few days ago, but they're gone now, although today it appears as though my period is beginning even though technically it shouldn't for another week. Should I put the next patch on, or just take the overdue one off and wait on my period to end? Thanks. And sorry to all of my contacts who read this despite my warning.... lol