How do I make building out of carport?

whats the best way to close in a carport w/ aluminum roof that is open all around, I want to make a building out of it? Its one of those with the metal frame that only has a roof

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim W
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Hire a contractor with experience in your area. You may need an architect, at least you will need a set of approved plans from your local AHJ/ building dept.

Source(s): %0+ years in the electrical industry.
  • 1 decade ago

You can use the metal siding/roofing available at Lowe's or Home Depot and some self tapping screws to enclose the longer sides. Attach the metal to the existing metal framing. You'd have to frame in the open ends with wood to include doors and windows. The wood can be covered with metal if you want to keep it uniform or with T1-11. It helps if you put the carport on some sort of permanent foundation such as a concrete pad or cinder block. You can also construct the foundation so as to raise the carport and give you more headroom along the sides. This is how I've seen it done but be creative.

• Bonna
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If the tree isn't in the way, try standing on top of the house roof(not the carport itself), squirt some dish liquid soap on the roof at the high end(attached to the house roof), and then spray it with a pressure washer. You might need a stiff bristle brush for some places, but mostly the pressure washer will do the job. I've used this technique several times, and it almost always goes smoothly. Good Luck. :)

• 1 decade ago

if you want to make a permanent building out of it then you should have it on a footer of some kind with 2x4 walls on top. i would also support the roof with wood rafters. in essence your building a whole shed except you have a roof.

Source(s): shed owner
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

put 2x4s on the ground then nail studs at 16' intervals,its cheap.Then put up siding or big siding sheets you can drywall the inside part.Little $ and wala, you have a new house!

• 1 decade ago

you should check local building codes or you might have to tear

it down if an inspector stops by

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.