I want to diy wood picture frames. Where can I buy the material to make?

I want to frame my writings and paintings. I was going to bring them to an art frame store around my place, but I thought it would be great if I could build my own.

I think picture frame is very easy to build. I just don't know where to buy the material; wood frame (Lowe's, Home Depot? or any particular store carrying those stuff?), glass (or what kind of material should be used? sort of acrylic plate?), sort of pins that hold painting in the frame, etc.

Thanks for your answers in advance!!!

Favorite Answer

Check out Hobby Lobby if theres one near you. They have indvidual peices at different lenths so you can make custom sizes. Ive put a few togeather and its really easy and a whole lot cheaper then having it done. And you can pick up some clear plastic or glass and have it cut to size at home depot...or is it lowes..

RE:

I think picture frame is very easy to build. I just don't know where to buy the material; wood frame (Lowe's, Home Depot? or...

Source(s): diy wood picture frames buy material make: https://trimurl.im/c97/i-want-to-diy-wood-picture-...

diy wood picture frames buy material

craft stores like Micheal's sell unfinished frame wood by the foot that you can cut to size, you'll need a very precise mitre saw & box to make the angled cuts at the corners

want some frames that will make your pics pop ...buy your wood here... http://www.westpennhardwoods.com