Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why are ILLEGAL ALIENS getting a stimulus under Obama's stimulus plan?

Was Obama thinking of his illegal aunt when he made that decision?

Update:

Everyone’s getting a ride on the stimulation-palooza bandwagon–including illegal aliens. Of course. Congress and the White House supposedly are sending the money to people so they can spend, spend, spend it to give the U.S. economy a jolt. What will the illegal aliens do with their rebates? Remittances, baby, remittances. Rep. Tom Tancredo, whom I noted earlier this morning was one of the 25 Republicans who voted against the economic stimulus boondoggle, blasts the new illegal immigration stimulus:

Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Littleton) today criticized the tax package passed by the Tom Tancredo Democrat-controlled Congress as a giveaway to illegal aliens. The package, among other shortcomings, would direct the Internal Revenue Service to issue checks of up to $600 to individuals and $1,200 to married couples, as well as rebates for any children. The legislation does not, however, contain any provision barring illegal aliens from taking advantage of these benefits.

Update 2:

“This package will stimulate one thing for certain: more illegal immigration,” said Tancredo. “It’s just the latest unfortunate example of American workers footing the bill for illegal aliens.”

The bill would allow so-called “Resident Aliens” to receive rebate checks. The Treasury department classifies someone as a “Resident Alien” based on how much time that person has spent in the United States. No proof of legal presence, however, is required. The IRS’ explanation of the term can be found at: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc851.html

“Worse, a large portion of this money will just be sent back to the home countries of illegal aliens,” concluded Tancredo. “So it might stimulate someone’s economy – just not ours.”

Update 3:

lazy shoe wrote:

do you have any proof for your question, or are you just spewing garbage out of your keyboard?

Now would be the time to edit your answer lazy shoe

Update 4:

Cut Throat:

I'm confused.

Are you admitting that the US government is then getting stimulus checks?

Also there is nothing about them paying taxes. If you bother to have read the link closely you would have realized that all the language is directed toward a refund not toward paying taxes.

Update 5:

Cut Throat:

Also, you should know by now that only "Citizens" can be taxed not "non-citizens"

I guess you forgot "taxation for representation"

Dems just are trying to rebate them and find a way around that clause.

28 Answers

Relevance
  • Mar
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Sorry I don't agree with such stimulus check to Illegal aliens as that will bring more in this country for their check to take back to Mexico. Hopefully more Republicans are needed to stop some of these things that he promised but will really be us the tax payers that will have to pay for his over the top spending.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am kind of confused:

1. Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Littleton) today criticized the tax package passed by the Tom Tancredo Democrat-controlled Congress (he's criticizing the tax package that he passed??)

2. How will we distribute these checks to the illegal aliens? Will somebody be standing on the corner passing out checks or will they be on the border as people come in?

EDIT: Even better now that you've used the IRS reference of a resident alien. Guess what, if they are a resident alien by IRS standards then they are paying taxes. You can't have it both ways. If we tax them at the same rate then we refund them at the same rate.

Source(s): Your additional comments and your inability to read your own links...oh my!! If you are a resident alien, you must follow the same tax laws as U.S. citizens. You are taxed on income from all sources, both within and outside the United States. You will file Form 1040EZ (PDF), Form 1040A (PDF), or Form 1040 (PDF) depending on your tax situation. The return is due by April 15, and should be filed with the service center for your area. If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the due date is delayed until the next business day. RESIDENT ALIEN DOES NOT EQUAL ILLEGAL ALIEN. Dear Susie...do you block all people who prove you wrong?
  • 3 years ago

there is not any question that the financial gadget will ultimately turn around and that O will take the credit, even nevertheless he did no longer something yet sign a spending kit prepare by way of Pelosi and Reid. most of the money interior the plan would not get approprieated till 2010 or 2011. Economists are predicting that the financial gadget will start to recuperate by way of the top of the 12 months. human beings will clap and say it became the intense O plan.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To PEACE the poster, Native Americans came from Asia, read up on your History.

Anyways, NO, they should never get any type of stimulus check!. Obama has to know that the majority don't even pay in taxes other then sales tax. They will only send the money back to their home country and the whole idea of the stimulus check is to get citizens spending in our country.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For the same reason he chose Soltis for Secretary of labor - the chips are being called in.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just buying votes for 2012. Even stealing fraudulent votes like those in Minnesota are getting harder and harder to obtain. Easiest method is the illegals. In New Jersey, their crook who poses as a governor is trying to get illegals drivers licenses and instate college tuition for college illegals.

• 1 decade ago

To try and secure the Mexican vote.

I have to disagree with Peace-Girl, I have never been an illegal alien, I was born here. If you are going to go down that route, you can argue that any person, any where in the world is descended from 'aliens.' Native Americans are descended from Asians.

Source(s): some dude knows it
  • 1 decade ago

Why not ? They are getting everything else. Things we have had to work a lifetime for, they are getting now for nothing. No wonder they are coming over the border by the millions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to pay taxes to receive a stimulus under his plan. How many illegals do you know that pay taxes?

• 1 decade ago

If there's a tax rebate, it should be available to anybody who pays taxes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.