What percentage of Coronary artery disease patients are female?

I'm just wondering what the male to female ratio is among patients with Coronary artery disease is. If you could tell me where you got the information from I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

After attaining the stage of menopause the percentage of CAD cases in males and females is almost equal. Before the menopause the incidence of the coronary artery disease (CAD) in females is very low due to the estrogen and other feminizing hormonal effect.

Source(s): Physician
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi, 1 in 6 women die from Coronary heart disease.

There are 101,000 deaths from CHD in the UK each year

The average incidence of myocardial infarction in females is 200 per 100,000.

There are about 52,000 new cases of angina per year 43,000 of these new cases are women.

2% of women in the UK have had a heart attack.

5% of women aged 55 to 64 and 8% of women aged 65 to 74 have or have had angina.

The prevalence of CHD is about 4.5% in women.

Source(s): Cardiac Nurse
  • peqli
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

there isnt really an exact percentage for coronary heart disease in females as the risk will vary depending on factors such as if you smoke, or have diabetes, and also your age

http://www.bhsoc.org/resources/prediction_chart.ht...

has a prediction chart of the risk of developing heart disease

generally females have lower risk of getting it than males, because estrogen and progesteron have a protective effect on the heart and arteries. however when they reach menopause their risk of developing it becomes nearly similar as males

• rae
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

idk but try going into google under 'medical coronary artery disease' and you should find the answer.

good luck and enjoy your search. you can find out some interesting (and frightening) things this way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.