Andre
Lv 7
Andre asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Will Roland Burris be the Democratic nominee in the 2010 Senate race in Illinois?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

IF THE DEMOCRATIC RACISTS ALLOW HIM TO TAKE HIS SEAT

ITS THE LAW, BLAGO HAS NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF ANY CRIME OR INDICTED.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XVII Amendment to the Constitution

The 17th Amendment to the Constitution (1913) established direct election of senators, as well as a means of filling vacant Senate seats. If a vacancy occurs due to a senator's death, resignation, or expulsion, the 17th Amendment allows state legislatures to empower the governor to appoint a replacement to complete the term or to hold office until a special election can take place. (The only exception to this rule is Arizona, which requires a special election to fill all vacancies and does not allow for temporary appointments.) Typically, a replacement holds office until the next scheduled statewide election.

Source: US Senate

Amendment XVII

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each state, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each state shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the state legislatures.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any state in the Senate, the executive authority of such state shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, that the legislature of any state may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct.

This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the election or term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution.

• 1 decade ago

The problem is not Burris and will he be the Illnois democratic nominee, but will the power train of democratic party let him run. I see senator Reed doing to Burris, is blackmail and telling him that he will seat him if he will not run for the seat in two years. (Don't look for him to get any money from the democratic party). If he meets the standards of the law and chooses to run them the people of Illnois will choose who goes. The law is the law! A senate is not above the law. Let Burris be seated and get on with the business in hand. NOW YOU CAN REALLY SEE WHY WE GET NOTHING DONE IN WASHINGTON! Illnois has it's own problem and it's up to the residents of that state to want to get it done and not Mr. Reed.

• shoop
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Burris has run for quite a few elected places of work and been defeated. To me, which skill the generic public of voters do no longer choose him in ANY potential. If Burris had any integrity, he would not settle for or aspire to this seat so coated in scandal. How can anybody ever be useful he, himself, has no longer "paid" for the appointment? He can deny all he likes, however the suspicion will continually be there. additionally, he immediately jumped to the shielding and reported the Senate did no longer want to seat him using fact of his race. What a jerk! Marks him as a racist, to date as i'm in contact. His assertion became that he might desire to take transport of the appointment using fact Obama is black and he (Burris) is black, and if he's no longer appointed there will be no black interior the Senate. what's that, Affirmative action for Senators? If the Senate caves to that sturdy-armed political the terrific option BS, and seat this opportunist, i visit be lots dissatisfied. i'm black, and have not have been given any use for blacks who bounce-frog their way into any place by way of coyly suggesting "race" might desire to evade them from otherwise attaining that place. that usually shows that they have got not have been given any corporation in that place, interior the 1st place.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely, that Senate seat is now African Allocated, just like seats in Massachuesetts and New York are Kennedy Allocated.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes.

• 1 decade ago

after being shoved into office by a crook, his career is over.

• 1 decade ago

most likely

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

most likely but he will lose though

• 1 decade ago

I hope not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.