Israel says Hamas must recognize Israel’s right to exist?

Israel is a very powerful state with 10000 times the fire power of Hamas (this is not an exageration). Its existence is in no risk from Hamas. Yet Israel not only is not recognizing Palestine’s right to exist, ISRAEL IS NOT ALLOWING PALESTINE TO EXIST. Don’t the Palestinians also have the right to defend... show more Israel is a very powerful state with 10000 times the fire power of Hamas (this is not an exageration). Its existence is in no risk from Hamas. Yet Israel not only is not recognizing Palestine’s right to exist, ISRAEL IS NOT ALLOWING PALESTINE TO EXIST.

Don’t the Palestinians also have the right to defend themselves and establish their country on their land?

The same UN vote that partitioned Palestine and allowed Israel to to be created, said a Palestinian state should also be created. Why has Israel been preventing the Palestinian state from ever being created?
Update: Link strikes: You did not answer my question. DarkAl: - Your first statement is false. - The PLO recognized Israel. That did not help her. Why should Hamas? If you really want to negotiate, then don’t put conditions. - Israel did not withdraw from Gaza. They just turned it into a large jail with guards at... show more Link strikes: You did not answer my question.

DarkAl: - Your first statement is false.
- The PLO recognized Israel. That did not help her. Why should Hamas? If you really want to negotiate, then don’t put conditions.
- Israel did not withdraw from Gaza. They just turned it into a large jail with guards at the fence.
- The “Palestinian state” the Israelis are offering is not a viable state, and does not go back to 1967 borders.
- I agree with your last statement. There are too many extremists on the Israeli side.

Lord Percy: Next time read history before answering. The Israelites existed only 3000 years ago (not 5000).

Midosgirl: Palestinians chose Hamas. The Israeli invasion only makes Hamas stronger.

Canute: False answer

Nurse curtis: You are right in first paragraph. However, fighting only started in 20th century when European Zionists occupied Palestine
Update 2: Cher: - The fire power ratio is not an exaggeration - If Israel shoots at the Palestinians then the Palestinians have the right to shoot back - If Israel has the right to arm itself, so do the Palestinians. - Iran arms Hamas? Maybe. So what? The US arms Israel. - Israel until today draws its map to include West... show more Cher: - The fire power ratio is not an exaggeration
- If Israel shoots at the Palestinians then the Palestinians have the right to shoot back
- If Israel has the right to arm itself, so do the Palestinians.
- Iran arms Hamas? Maybe. So what? The US arms Israel.
- Israel until today draws its map to include West Bank, Gaza and the Golan.
- Palestinians accepted to form a state per 1967 borders. Israel refused.
- Palestinian refugees have right to return by international law and UN resolutions. Israel does not comply.
Update 3: Tambori: - Your answer just proves my point. - Da!!! The Arab state is the Palestinian state. They did not mean the Egyptians. - “We” the Arabs have lived there all the time. “You” on the other hand where foreigners who came from Europe. - Zionist terrorist groups (Haganah, Irgun, Stern …) started the war... show more Tambori: - Your answer just proves my point.
- Da!!! The Arab state is the Palestinian state. They did not mean the Egyptians.
- “We” the Arabs have lived there all the time. “You” on the other hand where foreigners who came from Europe.
- Zionist terrorist groups (Haganah, Irgun, Stern …) started the war before any Arab army arrived. They ethnically cleansed most Palestinian towns before 15 May 1948.
- I know my history very well. If you need me to give you private lessons just let me know.

Light: I rest my case
Update 4: John de Witt: - That simply IS the case - The steps that Israel takes are shown in this link: - http://spiritofentebbe.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/palloss.jpg - It is groups like Hamas and Hezbollah that will make sure that Palestine WILL exist in spite of Israel’s genocide. - I think you are confused. Hamas... show more John de Witt: - That simply IS the case
- The steps that Israel takes are shown in this link:
- http://spiritofentebbe.files.wordpress.c...
- It is groups like Hamas and Hezbollah that will make sure that Palestine WILL exist in spite of Israel’s genocide.
- I think you are confused. Hamas did not just kill 44 civilians at a school. That was Israel.