How long do you think it will be before Obama is chastised for being to close to the center with Tax cuts?
Chastised from the far left that he promised the Big Corporations would never see again.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I like the answer from "Missouri Patriot". That's exactly it. Obama has it and now he's a deer in the headlights. He campaigned saying he would let the Bush tax cuts expire...but that was just to appease the wealth envy masses. Obama is not stupid and he knows getting rid of the Bush tax cuts will raise taxes for EVERYONE not just the rich. You can add about 5% across the board easily for each persons taxes if he lets it expire. He's actually mentioned extending it.
He will not move to the center for long, if you can even call it that. The socialist agenda is going to be set in full motion when he's in there. Just listen to what he says. He has said that we will have debts of trillions of dollars for years.....WHAT? He is saying that we now have to spend our way out of this down economic time. He said he wants to create (he finally took out "save") 3 million jobs and 80% will be in the private sector. Well, according to my math, that's still 600,000 government jobs that tax payers will have to sustain. What will these 600,000 people do and how effectively will they do it? You know the government is such a good example of ingenuity and efficiency right? yeah....right.
See, that's going to be answer to everything..."George Bush" "George Bush"...Obama and other democrats will repeat that constantly whenever any questions are asked about what they are really doing. I think Obama should just replace Joe Biden with a big poster board that just has "George Bush" written on it. Then anytime something goes wrong, grab that sucker and hold it up high. Everything will then be explained. Or hey, he could hang it under his created seal for "The office of the president elect". He couldn't just go with the title, he had to have his own freaking seal made. Welcome to the arrogant party, your host is Barack Obama. I think he may try to place the existing presdiential seal with his created one. His supporters won't mind because it all looks the same through pin wheel eyes.
That's what I wonder, is how many years will people (even democrats) put up with Obama and others just saying "George Bush". I have started using that in my daily life as well. Any mistakes that I make, I just say "George Bush". Someone yells at me for not having a design done in time....hey "George Bush". They then just smile and say it's all going to be ok. Now that's some change you can believe in right there. I hope it keeps going.
Barack "Millhouse" Obama is going to fix everything real good.
- Texan~to_the-MaxLv 51 decade ago
What tax cuts? Welfare payments to unsuccessful businesses will do nothing but bring down our economy.
We are printing money like nuts and going into massive trillions of dollars of debt for what? The economy is going to be Carter's economy times a trillion. The economic blow down will bring the whole country into a depression era that was avoidable with sound economic moves that allow the inefficient and unsuccessful to fail.
The same crazy arguments about jobs was made when the railroad came along and spelled the end to the canal systems. Millions will lose their jobs in the canals. But millions more were hired by the railroads and the speed of commerce moved up by leaps and bounds.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Never, just like Clinton he is smart enough to realise he doesn't need extreme groups anymore. And if he does a good job the public will reelect him regardess of what the far left says.
But Clinton got hurt by it when nobody in the Democratic Party (except the black caucus) came to his defense when he was first sued, asked irrelavant questions in a fishing expdition and then tried based on illegally collected evidence (illegal wire taps and withheld evidence in the form of the dress).Source(s): The rest of the Democrat party just kept their mouths shut which was payback for him signing so much Republican legislature and spending cuts into law.
- 4 years ago
Today he flipped again by voting in favor of allowing the government to legalize warrant less eavesdropping. Even members of the Democratic party publicly scolded him for not voting the party line. I guess the polls showed that people thought he was too liberal, so he needs to start voting with republicans until November to appear more conservative.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- PandaLv 71 decade ago
Too early for any type of predictions to be made about any of this . . you are 'projecting' what you hope 'will happen' . . not what realistically will or will not happen. The far left is not going to 'chastise' him any more than any other group . . be careful of listening to too many 'sound bites' from any media outlet . . and be careful of the 'sky is falling' syndrome that seems to pour from the right. Lol.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I think he will do like most presidents do.
Turn on his promises fast and hard get what he REALLY wanted then try to repair the image just before the next election.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
WHo cares? We are getting a tax cut, be happy.
Are you afraid to see a President that appeals to both sides?
- 1 decade ago
1. why would those that voted for obama have believed that "change" would equal a fool in office? don't you understand that the first BLACK PRESIDENT (oooooooo!) would not have interest in changing anything relating to the status quo, else, he stands to look like the socialist that some people feared???
2. is the USA a socialist country? (there is no such thing as "socialism;" it is an ideal that is in between capitalism and communism, which never worked and won't work in the future because people are people).
3. does obama, the president elect of the USA want our country to go the way of communism? is there any reason to go commie? look at CHINA: china's a commie country because there are SO MANY people (1/3 the world population) in china, but thanks to our corporations becoming disloyal to we, the people, and outsourcing our industry, it has gotten fat on our money, and it is buying up real estate for $0.60 on the dollar, along with 3 other countries in the world: the netherlands, japan, and england--but china could not buy up the united states until just recently, thanks to the $$$ we have foolishly given over to it. communism (the first example ever was the USSR), is a failure. it never works. communist regimes get topped. it never works. ask yourself why, since i won't tell you why. but i know it never works.
3. or does the USA under obama, meaning, does obama (who shortly will become the most powerful person on the earth), want the USA to PROSPER, and to be seen as the richest country and that country that has the most opportunity to succeed, individually, for all citizens, on the face of the earth? prosperity = power. power = that one thing that politicians want more than anything. power = money, in the long run.
4. if you think that the first black president would want to fundamentally "change" the structure of our country, your head must be up your wahoozie. if you voted for obama and did not ask yourself what his "change" actually amounted to, surely, you were asleep.
5. why don't you take a look at all the social science and psychology books your professors told you to read? why don't you simply look around you? do you see black people, FINALLY afforded equal status (sometimes MORE than equal to whites under "equal opportunity" laws...) within our society doing anything other than trying to look as snazzy and as haute and as wealthy as whitey? (and it is all on credit cards... and mortgages up to their eyeballs...).
6. barry obama was, in a way, "used" by white liberals to gain their toehold into domination of our government, with its democratic congress. but do not think that this man is going to allow for himself to be kicked around by his league of white power mongers much longer. THEY want his power. THEY want da money, honey. THEY sucked off the black man to put themselves into the same old song and dance positions of high authority that does nothing, basically, on the money that we pay them, as they sit in their offices 1.5 days a week when not on the summer holiday.
7. obama is too smart in a fundamental way to make the wrong moves. a wrong move, big time, would be to redistribute the wealth to the people that would take the money and blow it on new furniture, new clothes, new iPods, new iPhones, new HD TVs, new SUVs (do you know that the suburbans that surround the presidential limo have absolutely no environmental rating and that they get 4 miles to the gallon???), i.e., those to that seek what the TV and billboards tell them is success.
8. obama is actually just another politician.
do you know what a politician does? politicians lie. they always lie. they say x when they run for office, then they change x to y when they get into office.
the 2 party system is a real sham and you should learn to question authority more often, and way ahead of when you vote. but you will not do that because it is soooooo easy to sit on your duff watching network TV "journalists" tell you who to vote for.
has anyone on this site, like me, heard the little phrase that is in one of bob dylan's old songs that says this: "don't follow leaders, watch your parking meters...?" now that you read it, do you get the drift?
there is only one thing that BO should do to make this country the most powerful one on the earth again, and that is to make it the RICHEST, in dollars and cents. and how? there's only one way to do it, which means no redistribution of the wealth. that is to go back to the old ways, meaning to give the wealthy reason to invest their money in business in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA so that their investments produce more money for THEM. then they spend money. when they spend money, then you have a job. then you spend money. then other people have jobs and they spend money. that makes us RICH.
THIS IS HOW I TYPED IT:
the other way to get rich again is to go to WAR. war is big business that the wealthy will sock their money into, in order to MAKE MONEY. it's all about the money. the politician that understands that and then acts to ensure that his followers have money is a popular politician and generally is re-elected (i don't believe in voting for any incumbent, btw, since i want them to show me in their term that they are worth my first vote...). power = privilege = money = popularity = more power, and so on.
don't you obamaites, who hung only on the word "change," out there get it??? The One(c)(TM) is not as stupid as you would like him to be, is he?Source(s): age 56, born and raised in dirty-politiking chicago, lived a long time in obama's hood, the bastion of liberalism of our country ("hyde park-kenwood"), traveled extensively while performing many tasks related to real estate investment and trading, meaning, i am the CEO of a nationally respected real estate corporation. in real estate, it becomes a very small world where everyone knows everyone that does things with MONEY. you learn about MONEY. MONEY and making it as well as retaining wealth is the motivating factor behind government, which sucks your money in the form of TAXES.
- Missouri PatriotLv 41 decade ago
Obama is just simply a good salesman that sold his way clear to the white house. Now that he is there he has no clue what to do!
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Maxine Waters is crying in her jeri-curl.