Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does anyone remember the name of this movie?

Okay, so it's about this kid who ends up in this island world thing, and all I remember is he goes around with these piratey people and he goes by this tree and says "I wish I had some pizza" or something like that, and the tree grows pizza, so he goes up to the tree to get some, but then he's trapped by "sandsharks" in the beach below him. In the end, he ends up in his bed, so when his mom comes in, he tried to tell her what happened, but she thinks he was just dreaming. When he gets out of bed, however, his pants are tattered.

It's a cheesy late 80s early 90s movie, I think. I remember watching the last bit of it on TV when I was younger and I don't remember what it was. It's driving me crazy. Can anyone help me?

Favorite Answer

Magic Island (1995)

starring Zachery Ty Bryan (of "Home Improvement"), Jessie-Ann Friend (as Lily the Mermaid), Abraham Benrubi, Andrew Divoff (of "Wishmaster"), Ja'net DuBois, Isaac Hayes, French Stewart (of "3rd Rock from the Sun")

IMDb synopsis:

Jack Carlisle is a disillusioned 13-year-old boy. His mother is always away at work since his father left. He decides to run away, convinced his mother will not miss him. As he is ready to leave, his nanny convinces him to read a special book about a pirate adventure on Magic Island. As Jack reads, he is drawn into the world and goes on adventures with Prince Morgan while fleeing the evil Blackbeard the Pirate. At one point, he is saved by Lily, a beautiful mermaid with whom he falls in love.

IMDb review excerpt:

A couple of days ago, I began to let my mind wander in class and I kept getting hit with these images of exotic beaches, a runaway boy throwing pizza at a sand shark, a pirate and a mermaid, and for the life of me I could not remember where these pictures were coming from since I hadn't read a book or seen a movie with a runaway kid and pirates for over 10 years. Once I started thinking about it though, I couldn't get the movie out of my head, so I searched IMDb and found "Magic Island".

Here are a couple of clips from the movie, but they're not in English. Still, it should give you some idea as to whether this is your film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2iqbIIZnl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTSGglpipdU&feature...

Maaybe "Muppet Treasure Island".

I'm still trying to decide.