Car won't start and is making rapid clicking noise?

My car wouldn't start on New Year's and was making a rapid clicking sound. I bought a new battery and had new battery terminals put into the car. Three days later now as I was driving the car started to die again and now makes the same clicking sounds as it did before I changed the battery and terminals. I... show more My car wouldn't start on New Year's and was making a rapid clicking sound. I bought a new battery and had new battery terminals put into the car. Three days later now as I was driving the car started to die again and now makes the same clicking sounds as it did before I changed the battery and terminals. I was wondering if it could be the alternator? I know when the mechanic fixed the terminals that he charged the battery somewhat. So I'm guessing that the battery just hasn't been charging at all as I have been driving for three days on battery power?

Any help would be much appreciated. I need to take it to a mechanic tomorrow and I know it will be expensive. Could it be anything else?
Update: I should have mentioned, the car is a 2002 Kia Spectra
Update 2: before the car tried to die on me the air bag light came on which I don't remember ever seeing happen and the battery light came on. The battery is barely four days old now. It's brand new.