Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Do you think that the media in your country is presenting the true news about the war Israel leads vs Ghaza?

Do you think that the media in your country (USA or any other country ) is presenting the true news about the war that Israel leads vs Ghaza ? or it's hiding a part of the truth ?

and do you try to search for news on the internet to hear news from other sources?

Favorite Answer

I think al Jazzera channel are trying their best

there is also al aqsa channel .... it gets you deep in the streets of Gaza

but of course no media can picture the awful and terrible situation that Palestinians are going throw...

yes I try to see and understand the other side " people who stand with Israel'....but they never made sense to me

• kadel

No, they're too busy interviewing people who were for 9-11

Norwegian Doctor in Gaza Supported 9/11 Attacks

Middle East | Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 3:58:57 pm PST

Mads Gilbert, a Norwegian doctor in Gaza, is all over the mainstream media, claiming that Israel is indiscriminately and purposely murdering civilians. He’s given interviews to the BBC, CBS, NBC, CNN, ABC, the Independent, Sky News, and the New York Times, among others.

And in 2001, shortly after the 9/11 terror attacks, this supposedly impartial Norwegian doctor (actually a radical Marxist member of Norway’s Red party) expressed support for the hijackers.

In an interview with the Norwegian daily, Dagbladet, shortly after the attacks, Gilbert stated:

“The attack on New York was not surprising, after the policy that has led the West in recent decades. I am upset over the terrorist attack, but am equally upset over the suffering which the United States has created. It is in this context that the 5000 dead people must be seen. If the U.S. government has a legitimate right to bomb and kill civilians in Iraq, then there is also a moral right to attack the United States with the weapons they had to create. Dead civilians are the same whether they are Americans, Palestinians or Iraqis.”

When asked by Dagbladet if he supported the terrorist attack on the U.S., he replied:

“Terror is a bad weapon, but the answer is yes, within the context I have mentioned.”

Of course, not a single mainstream media report on the creep mentions any of this.

• mincey

I do think of Israel might desire to be charged for conflict crimes because of the super sort of civilian casualties alongside with little ones. approximately one thousand civilians died because of the air strikes and the floor invasion. to no longer point out the white phosphorus bombs that have been being dropped over the final inhabitants. Israel devastated the civilian inhabitants in Gaza and left many human beings homeless and without considered necessary factors. that isn't what a civilized democratic united states like Israel does to human beings. I keep in mind while the gaza invasion occurring i might continually hear of UN faculties and Hospitals have been being shelled and the IDF replaced into no longer permitting ambulances to realize wounded. that's no longer top!

Here in Ireland we have a few who sway a little to one side or the other but most just show the facts.I was in America a few years back and found reporting there mind bogglingly biased.The majority would not get aired or published in Ireland or Britain as they wouldn't fall within the accepted guidelines re balanced reporting.

I check a broad spectrum of world wide reports and read between the lines.

• Shilo

Yes, I do believe the media is portraying the truth; it is just that the emphasis on what is the center focus is sometimes out of balance.

I do believe that reporters and journalists have their own personal biases that often subtly creep into the stories and those biases must always be considered by readers. It is called critical thinking.

No, here in the USA it's the usual subduing the "terrorists" bit we always see. We don't hear anything about what Israel is doing without a direct link to Hamas. Israel is always retalliating and defending themselves and I'm constantly seeing pro-Israeli interviews. It's so disgusting.

All medias from around the globe is trying to publish the truth, they cannot sleep while keeping pictures of death civilians hidden. EXCEPT FOR USA MEDIA. It is AWFULLY biased here, I go to work and find a "FREE" NY Times on my desk with the most propagandistic crap I've ever read, as if the article was written by Israel Prime Minister!!

Reveal the truth about Fox News, NY Times, CBS,...

Proofs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1kt8qi0M-M

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynWjYHP91gA

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/

Source(s): http://www.bbc.co.uk/ , Times UK, Guardian, and many other European media is taking neutral stance..

Yes.

Here in Pakistan they're calling the Israeli offensive an abomination, a military and economic massacre, ethnic cleansing, etc. Some journalists also called the Arab governments as cowards.

They're doing a good job here.

Source(s): Al-Jazeera is doing great too. Best channel ever.

Clearly, answered by Sane Sanity

I say no more