Will I get tickets for expired temporary dealer tags? ?

The temporary tags on my new used car expired over a month ago, and the dealer just keeps telling me they are working on it! Is there anything I can do? I live in Texas but bought the car out of state, I've paid dealer fees and tax, title and license! Will I get a ticket from the police for driving the car? Can... show more The temporary tags on my new used car expired over a month ago, and the dealer just keeps telling me they are working on it! Is there anything I can do? I live in Texas but bought the car out of state, I've paid dealer fees and tax, title and license! Will I get a ticket from the police for driving the car? Can I claim anything back from the dealer? Thanks!
Update: Thanks! I've had lots of issues with the dealership, a large luxury dealer, and it hadn't really occurred to me that the expired tags would be a legal problem (it's the first used car I've bought since arriving from Europe!) I'm thinking I should make them pay my monthly payment as technically I... show more Thanks! I've had lots of issues with the dealership, a large luxury dealer, and it hadn't really occurred to me that the expired tags would be a legal problem (it's the first used car I've bought since arriving from Europe!) I'm thinking I should make them pay my monthly payment as technically I haven't legally been able to use the car for a month! I'll call the DMV in the morning, and get a letter to the dealer!
Update 2: Thanks justme! I finally found out the dealer is waiting for me to fax them an inspection certificate from Texas! So I've called every other day for 6 weeks, and they just kept putting me off instead of telling me this simple thing!!! I'm going to ask them to pay a months payment as technically I was unable... show more Thanks justme! I finally found out the dealer is waiting for me to fax them an inspection certificate from Texas! So I've called every other day for 6 weeks, and they just kept putting me off instead of telling me this simple thing!!! I'm going to ask them to pay a months payment as technically I was unable to use the car whilst it was not legal! They are in Florida. I will get the car inspected today and hopefully have the tags next week.... I will however be taking this further and like the idea of contacting the state dept that can impose fines! Thanks for the help!