Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Who here actually cares about Palestine and Israel anymore?

So they're fighting again. What else is new? There's no end in sight for this conflict at all. If they want to act like savages, I say let them destroy each other. It's no business for anyone in North America.

Best Answer

This came to mind as soon as I read your question:

When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

Its a poem written during the Holocaust about the anti-nazi germans who did nothing...but I think its applicable in many other contexts.

Maybe you don't care...and I'm sure it doesn't directly affect you. But people care because we realize that we all live in the same world. We can have our petty arguments with "my country" and "your country" but its still our planet, and I don't know, I feel that after all our differences, we're all the same...we're the same species, we have the same values, needs, desires.

In 9/11 we got condolences pouring in from across the globe. Many other countries deal with terrorism way more than the US. In some places, it's almost a way of life. But they didn't just say "psh another terrorist attack, who cares." They offered aid, or at least a prayer for the lives lost. Think of all the natural disasters in the last few years. Katrina, The Tsunami, earthquakes in China and other places...aid and support came from everywhere, even though disasters happen all the time.

And we don't care about the stupid governments who blow each other up. Its the millions of innocent civilians, who just want to learn, to work, to love, to live like the rest of us, but end up killed, or with their homes, livelihoods, and especially families destroyed. That's why we care. Because right now, the civilians are too busy trying not to get blown up to do something. So we try to get our governments involved. We try to get aid, or help the two countries get a resolution. Because in the end its not about "some country" its about the thousands of people who are losing their lives over their idiot, power and land hungry governments.

And what do you say we should do? Sit back and watch as the rest of the world destroys itself until we're left alone? Ok, I know thats over dramatic, but I just mean that unless we care, and take a stand against senseless violence, the world isn't ever going to get better.

i think you are a little confuse and i suggest you to get more information on the west bank and Gaza strip. just search in wiki for Ramhalla or Nablus cities and tell me how can be that a ghetto ? Nazis wanted to exterminate the jews, see the palestinian population grow in the ocupied territories and in within Israel borthers. for sure there is no decrease in arab population. If you want to know the origin of the palestinian refugees problem and the Israeli-palestinian conflict you should read some books about the issue and not just getting misinformation on internet. Here are some facts you may want to corroborate : - untill 1947 independency war, the jews were living on lands they bough from arab - in 1947 the UN offered a "partition plan" in which the jews will get the land which jewish mayority and the arabs will get theirs with arab mayority. Arabs refused and during the 1948 war which was triggered by the invasion of 5 arab armies the jews conquered additional territory (pay attention that this was done on the context of a war) - Palestinian will tell you that jews expelled the arabs as a etnic cleansy general plan - some jews will tell you that the fault falls on the arab leaders who asked the arab population to move toward the borders untill they crush the jews, then they can come back. - the reallity was in fact a mix of causes : before that war there was a continuing emigration of arabs with no relation to the conflict with the jews In the heat of a war (any war) people is displaced by the army (enemy or friendly). Arabs spread the rumours that jewish are brutal people who will kill and abuse of every women and child. This wasn't the true of course but it causes panic in the arab population causing further movement. It doesn't matter that you believ me or not , the most important thing is that you must be open minded and try to investigate the conflict from different sources (mostly from books)

I am getting tired.. but I wish I could stop caring.. how can I? when I see hundreds of children being bombed.. how can you not care? Did you watch any news recently? I mean real one.. with real images, not these distant shots of smoke and pretty lights in the sky that US television likes to show, while some millitary analyst describes the war as some kind of 'pet project', or about the technology used, without showing what's happening on the ground, under those clouds of smoke.. pieces of children taken out from under rubble.. watch european media.. they are far more impartial in this conflict (otherwise tell me how they have an interest in supporting palestinians more than Israel and USA?). If english is all you speak (europeans speak minimum of 3, I speak 6), at least watch BBC.. surely the brits aren't against Israel and USA, or run by muslim terrorists? Trust them.

Definitely do not trust FOX news. They've never been caught being fair or balanced.

• ash

I actually do not care about the governments, however the people are another story and they should be able to live their lives without having rockets shot at them or having their houses bulldozed. Both sides are wrong here in my opinion.

• SANAT

Good an Evil are fighting since centuries ago....nothing new about it...but..our Sardarji really needs courage like Israel....we must find the terrorists, no matter, where they are hiding ....bring them to justice...dead or alive..that's the only answer....SANAT.

I'm getting tired of hearing about it. We should not be obligated to side with any of them.

I am calling for a priest.

Source(s): but first kuttusha rockets "good Rapid" on Isreal!!!!! B@sterds

megaditto's as cons say

I'm not tired. I'm in shock. People are dying. I hope it doesn't happen to you.