What is he up to ? Just using or perhaps really .....?

So I've been casually dating a guy for a few months , we have been honest as to how we feel about things that have happened to us in our past . He has been married , lived with someone after that for 4 years but it ended badly ( both of them ) . He has been honest and has said he is afraid to be with someone again and is wanting to take things slow with me and see how it progress's. I am fine with this as I was in a very abusive relationship before and am a bit leery of getting hurt again .

So lately he has been very distant and not wanting to hang out together as much . Is this possibly he just needing space & time or am I being used? I just don't want to over re-act and ruin what so far has been good ( I think ) and scare him by being overbearing .

Any help would be appreciated...

Favorite Answer

I don't think you are being used at all. You are wary of being hurt, but your personality is different to his. You are ready to get close to someone again. I think you are right in saying he needs some space and time and you should just endure that tedious time where you let him make the moves and let him decide when you hang out etc. I think in time it will become obvious if you're going anywhere with this or not.

Good luck :)

It's a tough call, I have a friend in a similar situation, and since my boyfriend never needed any space I find it hard to understand. If the realtionship is true love, you should want to spend a lot of time with the person, especially in the beginning. Do you guys have sex a lot? I find that to be the best way to break down the "space" barrior with guys, give them a taste of something they have never had before, and make it available all the time. (for a year or two, then you can slow down)

How did his relationships end badly, was it his fault or hers?

If you like him and think it might be worth trying for, keep your guard up a little, and see how it plays out.