Does anyone have a newer Betty Crocker cookbook?
If so could you give me the recipe for "Southwestern Cheese Steak Supper"? The edition I have doesn't contain that recipe. Thanks.
- bailie28Lv 71 decade agoBest Answer
Southwestern Cheese Steak Supper
Print this Recipe
Prep: 20 min; Cook: 25 min
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steaks, 3/4 inch thick
1 1/2 cups mild salsa
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta (5 ounces)
8 ounces pasteurized process cheese spread loaf, cut into cubes (1 cup)
1. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cut beef into 4 serving pieces. Cook beef in skillet about 4 minutes, turning once, until brown. Remove beef from skillet.
2. Add salsa and water to skillet. Heat to boiling. Stir in pasta. Place beef in pasta mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
3. Stir in cheese until melted.
NUTRITION FACTS: 1 Serving:; Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 200); Fat 22g (Saturated 12g); Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1,100mg; Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 3g); Protein 39g % DAILY VALUE:; Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 16%; Calcium 34%; Iron 24% DIET EXCHANGES:; 2 Starch; 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 Fat
From "Betty Crocker's Complete Cookbook, Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, 9th Edition." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This recipe comes from the Cook'n collection. Try Cook'n for
i found i online mine doesnt have it either...hope this is what you wanted
- joanne bLv 41 decade ago
Crunchy-Crust Southwestern Cube Steaks
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
Makes: 4 servings
1/2 cup water
3 cups nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips (3 oz), finely crushed
1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 lb beef cube steaks
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (1 oz)
Total Time: 1 hour 5 min1. In medium bowl, beat eggs and water with wire whisk. In shallow dish, mix crushed tortilla chips and Bisquick mix.
2. If necessary, cut beef into 4 serving pieces. Dip beef into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture, pressing to coat.
3. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add beef; cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once and adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil, until beef is no longer pink in center.
4. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Got this at their web site: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe
- HawkeyeLv 61 decade ago
unfortunately no Tiffany but it does sound tasty!