promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Obama's picked of Pennetta for Chief of CIA, why should Senator Dianne Feinstein question it?

Obama knows who he wants in his administration, he was elected by a large majority of the American people, Senator Dianne Feinstein was only elected by the California electorate. Who is she to tell President elect Obama who he should pick for his cabinet.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Did you know that Obama had a number of picks before Paneta, and that none of them would take it because they disagree with Obama's general philospohies (and thus knew they could not be effective) The only guy that would take it was the one that didnt have a clue about intelligence and what they would be asked to do by Obama. That is probably why she doesnt like it. She knows he is absolutely NOT the right man for the job (and I think Obama knows that too)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe she understands what will happen to the security of the United States if a liberal runs the CIA!

Just what we need is a "kind and gentler" CIA in a time of war!

Leon Panetta will be in position to make the CIA more fair to our enemies! How dare we use spies! And when we catch armed combatants we will have to treat them like heroes! Aren't the terrorists heroes of most liberals!

Maybe Dianne Feinstein was thinking about America for a change - nah - never happen! She was miffed!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sassy One hit the nail on the head. Dianne Feinstein is a Bush enabler and has sat in on security briefings. She is aware of all the Bush deviations from law (torture, etc.) and has done nothing to report on his illegal actions. She is culpable of not reporting these illegal actions and has done nothing to repot them, so she can be indicted on charges of not reporting these actions and knows that Pennetta may find out and pursue charges against her for misconduct, or worse. If I were her I would also be worried.

Source(s): MSNBC Bill Obermann.
  • 1 decade ago

How about it is her job. Pennetta is a bright man but not at all qualified to run the CIA. His views would cause our having another 9-11 with-in this next year. He will change what has kept us safe. Peace

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Courtesy. Feinstein is chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee and is also senior Senator from California. Paneta is a resident of California and as such her constituent. It is a courtesy for both Chairs of relevant committees and when residents of your state are selected that the Senator be notified.

• Pablo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The senator from California wants more of the same from one of the insiders and the problem is that if you want to see new stuff you need new people. She is just short sited and has not made a better option available. I am convinced that transparency is the key to Washington DC troubles. We must be willing to make bold new actions for a better America.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe because she is looking at the world situation and seeing as how Obama has no experience in the intelligience field, and Pennetta has no experience, she's getting a little nervous about America's future?

• silman
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

ok nicely all I study became "Do you compromise with Democrat Dianne Feinstein..." and that i promptly thought "HECK NO!!!!" yet upon extra assessment - sure I do have self belief that the Director of the critical Intelligence enterprise could have intelligence journey. yet Obama has no journey - and he would be president in a pair weeks. who's to assert the guy who replaces Secretary Gates will have no militia journey? because of the fact all of us know that purely the Republicans know what the crap is going on in Iraq and Afghanistan - the Dems in basic terms desire to ***** approximately it.

• 1 decade ago

She is new chairman of the Intelligence Committee. She was caught off-guard by the announcement. All other candidates for this position had bad associations with torture and voiding the rule of law. Leon had a clean bill and a good track record as a leader.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She is also the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee and in that job she can question anything she wants too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.