Since the Un-Patriot Act is one of the biggest menaces to America how does it help?

How could anyone see anything good for Americans coming out of this travesty of law.

The REal Id Act was put into effect on March 11, 2008 and My state and others made it illegal to be talked about. I only was spared by Arizona intervention.

Why do you like it Milo what is good about it?

Imag 707 How would you know anything about me you have a really good crystal ball? I asked what was good about it not opinions?

Mike 1 a Real ID act!

Hi divine shadow Shut Up

Typical liberal no facts to support it you just like it. Maybe its the phony name.

Edith B lets hope it gets repealed Obama voted to keep it.

m1Amike if that all you see the Real IdD act you cannot be helped and I read the whole act very long and windy and full of snake oil.

• jl
    Best Answer

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, its the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifist for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."

Hermann Goering, Hitler's Reich-Marshall

at the Nuremberg Trials after WWII

• amerio

confident I did oppose the Patriot Act. ninety 8 Senators voted for it. (Senator Landrieu (D-l. a.) did no longer vote) Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin replaced into the only senator who voted against the Patriot Act on October 24, of 2001. Bush replaced into President. 89 U.S. senators voted in prefer of the March 2, 2006 Patriot Act Reauthorizing Act. Obama replaced into President. Out of a hundred Senators it is very close to to being unanimous in the two cases. It wasn't a celebration difficulty. Democrats and Republicans are approximately the two probably to sell us and our liberties out.

And you base this opinion on - what? The opinion of somebody who has never read the Act?

How about this: why don't you quote the sections of the act you have a problem with. Or are you criticizing something you do not understand?

Edit: I notice that you have not been able to quote any text from the Patriot Act that you disagree with. In fact all you have done is demonstrate that you never bothered to even learn what the 'Real ID Act' is even about!

Source(s): Clue for the clueless: The 'Real ID Act' is about standardizing Driver's Licenses so that any state's DL can be reliably used a true verification of a person's identity.
  • Alan S

and for years the ACLU has whittled away at it, thank God (oops, they whittle away at God too, guess one has to take the bad with the good). This is one of those things that the unpatiotic point to as saving America. They talk as if this was the first real threat to us. They willingly surrender enduring freedoms our forefathers fought and died for to secure short-term safety. There will always be a threat but none greater than when we chose to give up rights and freedoms.

Hopefully, Obama will let this error die very unceremoniously and quietly.

The first poster is 100% right. Consider your argument destroyed.

Edit: I am not a liberal, just a guy who enjoys living in a safe country with all of my personal liberties still intact.

I mean seriously, can you name in any way how the Patriot Act has seriously curtailed your freedoms? Or would you prefer that I "shut up" so I won't continue poking glaring holes in your ultimately fallacious argument?

I know, it happened during the Bush Administration, so it must be inherently evil.. When the President-elect implements a similar program, it will be deemed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Spoken like a true patriot. Let me guess, you've never been in the military....never lost anyone to a terrorist act....oh, i get it, your on welfare and you really don't know what the Patriot act does?

• Curtis

Despite what your liberal democrat politicians have said about the Patriot Act, many voted in favor of it last time around.

Besides making it much easier to catch terrorists, and harder for terrorists to attack, the patriot act is very little help.

You should stop getting your news from the huffing and puffington post.

You can't name one thing that the Patriot Act has done to hinder your everyday life

I like the Patriot Act. The patriot act help stop terriorism in USA. Thanks too Bush you retarded liberal.