1994 baby asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is it possible 2 lose 5 pounds every 2 weeks?

Is it possible? If it is can u plz tell me wat I need 2 do?

Favorite Answer

I have a great suggestion for you,

go to www.mypyramid.gov

at this website, you can put in how much you eat, your current weight, your goal weight, how much exercise you did, and how many calories you should consume, how many you burned, etc...

Its great. I use it every day and its very helpful. I suggest start with waking up like a half an hour earlier and go for a walk or jog just to start the day out better. If you have pets, take them for a walk, they will love you even more!!! :)

I live on the North Shore of Oahu with the best beaches, so i take my dog on the beach every morning for a long beach jog and when she and i get back we both feel better. So, exercise in the morning. Also, during the day, get involved in some kind of organized sport. Such as tennis, a soccer team, a volleyball team, etc... Or sign up for junior life guarding. Go to the pool, ride your bike, just get out and get in cardio. For muscle toning, get 5 pounds weights, and work with them. You dont want to get bulky, but toned.

Also, crank up the music in the house and just dance full out. Try to find a dance studio that you could take hip hop classes from. You can burn like 600-700 calories in one hour at a hip hop class. I take jazz, and its a work out. At home too, do crunches, pushups, etc... All that jazz.

Eating healthy is something like this, you can always improvise...

Breakfast:

1 whole grain bagel, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Fruit salad, and 1 cup of skim yogurt. (This may sound like a lot, but its better to start ur metabolism with a big breakfast rather than binging later in the day)

Lunch: Salad. 2-3 cups of mixed greens. 1 grilled tofu steak chopped up. A handful of cashews, avocado (half of a big one, you can have a whole one if its small). 1 cup of other chopped veges such as tomato, cucumber, peppers, etc... Have a glass of skim milk, and top ur salad with salsa. Also, have a banana or an apple, or some kind of fruit.

Snack: 1 fat free greek yogurt, some berries, and a kashi granola bar.

Dinner: Grilledtofu, quinoa sauteed in olive oil and garlic, and steamed vegetables. A skim yogurt or glass of skim milk.

Dessert (optional) have a skinny cow brand ice cream.

good luck. Please let me know what works for you so I can possibly follow in your steps.

Also, be sure to exercise. Try to go for intense exercise for like 45 minutes to an hour 5 weeks a day. Also, just work exercise into your day. Park farther away, walk, ride your bike, go to the beach, play volleyball, walk someones dog. Just get outside. Good Luck!!

Yes depending on your body weight and body fat percentage. Everyone is different. If you have a fairly high body fat percentage = YES. However you will hit 'walls' sort of speak where your body weight will remain the same and even may gain a pound or so. You have to retrain your metabolism by exercise and eating differently. You can shed 1-2 lbs a week by using a very simple cardio routine and eliminating or cutting back on high sugar , high carb and high in saturated fat foods. Drink lots of water, no soda, diet or regular. 1 hr a day 3-5 times a week at a gym using a treadmill or bike with a simple healthy meal regime will get you results fast. Eat 4-5 smaller meals that are good for you instead of 2-3 large meals so your body burns instead of stores calories. Need more help...ask me

Source(s): Personal Trainer

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

The diet is too much to handle becaue you're making yourself uncomfortable. If you make yourself uncomfortable with dramatic lifestyle changes, you wont stick with it. I think what will work best for you is one or two small changes at a time. That is how a lot of people do it. My mom used to be big as the side of the house and she started with small changes. First she gave up candy bars and after a week or so she gave up cheese burgers then after another week or so she started walking a little bit.... and just gradually keep adding those small changes. Shes fit now.

I think you could benefit a lot with some nutrition or fitness coaching. Most people need that because they want to change and have all the drive to do it and stick with it, but just don't know what to do or how to start.

Small changes make all the difference. I don't know what you do all day but one small change could be to just start taking stairs instead of an elevator... or if you have whole milk with your cearal, switch to skim or 2% just things like that. Or, if you eat breakfast as school, instead of having the biscuits and gravy, have fruit and oatmeal or whatever else is available that's a better choice. Or stop having ketchup with your French fries (its all sugar). It really does work.

I've spent lots of money on diet clinics and stuff that use drugs or put you on a really strict diet and the results never lasted because it was just too dramatic and I went back to the same bad habits. The only things that ever let to lasting resuts was the small changes that I stuck with... like parking far away from buildings and walking through the parking lot rather than parking as close to the door as I could... I've even joined extreme fitness classes like crossifr and never stayed with them because it was just too much all at once.

One thing you can do that you wont really notice is don't eat everything on your plate... leave like 20% of it. At the end of the month, all that food really adds up.

Source(s): Here's the best news of all. Here's a method that is helping women to lose weight fast: https://healthcare.im/burn-fat-fast-natural-2765
  • Donna

There are three main ways to lose weight quickly.

1) Use only water as liquid and eliminate all other liquid drinks from your diet. You must drink as much water as possible every day. You must drink about half of your weight. If you have weight of 200 pounds then you must drink about 100 oz of water.

2) The interval between the eating is very important. If you eat once, then you must eat next after 4 hours. You must take breakfast regularly. In the night eat your food three hours before going to bed.

3) Walking is very good. You must walk as much as you can. Walk everywhere you can. Use of elevators and escalators must be reduced and instead of these you must climb stairs more often.

These are some of the fastest ways to lose weight. By just following the simple steps, you can lose your weight very quickly. You must consult your doctor if want to change your diet or exercise routine.

https://tinyurl.im/aHOZ6

possible but not likely. when you go on a diet your body, generally speaking, follows this pattern: gain 10 lbs. lose 5. when you begin exercising (best when to lose weight; not starving yourself) you gain muscle which weighs more than fat. so you'll gain the 10 pounds of muscle generally the firs couple of weeks. then, once you've gained the muscle lbs. you'll be able to burn fat faster which will make you lose the actual fat. it's a slow process. but once you start your metabolism will kick in and everything will work out.

and if you start dieting today, results will come quickly the first week. things will slow down next week and then go up again the thrid. your body follows these types of backwards patterns, but if you stay consistent with excersice and good foods, you'll lose the weight. good luck!

Sure, Every one is different though. I tend to drop 5 pounds the first week, then only 1 or 2 after that. Just diet and exercise..that's the best thing for you.

Yes very doable. To burn 1 pound a week you have to burn 3500 calories. So say your body needs to have 2000 calories to function, this is called your basal metabolic rate. You would need to go to a 2000 calorie diet and exercise enough to burn 3500 calories. Normal weight loss with diet and exercise is 1-2 lbs a week, depending on the type of diet and the amount and vigorousness of the exercise. On the link below I have included a BMR calculator, this will show you how many calories you would need to eat to maintain the current weight or lose weight just by diet. Mix in exercise and you will be in business.

Sure it is possible to lose 5 pounds every two weeks by starving yourself but it is not medically recommended because of the tendency to gain it back.

Do one hour exercise a day and reduce calorie intake to about 2000 calories and target 1 pound every two weeks. Calorie intake will depend on how big you are.

Oh yes most definitely. I was able to lose 5 to 6 pounds a week when i started the atkins diet. (LOW TO NO CARB DIET) What ever it is that you choose at your diet plan you must be STRICT with it like anything else in order for it to work and for you to see results. Good Luck