Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

if your sister [or brother] had leukemia..... ?

and was like 16, and was diagnosed with it at the age of 2 and has been battling with it ever since, and now needed a kidney transplant, would you give up one of yours?

of course, assuming that you're the only donor for him/her. and also you've been giving him/her your blood, platelets and other things your entire life.

even if they wanted to die, would you still give up a kidney to try to save him/her?

[i just finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and thats pretty much what the book is about. read it! :] ]

Favorite Answer

well if i knew that he was going to die any ways i would not, but if he was going to live i deffenetly would

(i see it this way because i had a uncle that i used to love very much, he got cancer when he was like 20. I would always go to see him in hte hostpital when he was very ill, he used to tell us that he did not want to live any more that he was in too much pain, to just let him die. I stayed with him untill the moment of his death, he that he was going to die happy and that he was proud to be my uncle, he told me that just before he died.)

I fell really sad when i hear things like this.

I'm very sorry about this info. Leukemia can be very bad, but it is also treatable and your sister could fully recover. There are support groups online that will really help you deal with with your feelings, so I think you should give one a try to se if you like it. I have personal experience with cancer, and it is not pretty. Your sister will most likely lose her hair due to chemo, vomit after treatments, and lose a lot of weight. Just keep in mind thatn its all for the better, and keep believing!

Oh, I really want to read that book, it looks sooo good!!!

If my parents told me I had to, I would. And I would want to keep my sister alive, so of course I would do it anyway. Even if she wanted to die. That could mean the end of her leukemia. I could save her, and she could live a healthy life.

My brother in law has leukemia, and he has a wife (my husband's sister) and a beautiful baby. There is so much to live for!

I would. It's the ultimate sign that you love your brother/sister. You care about them so much that you want them to live even if it means shorting your own life.

Ofcourse!

Yes, it might be selfish but I'm not going to let my sister die on me even she wanted to, lol

Thats hard to say. i would like to think yes but I don't know. If i was a mom and had kids i don't know if i would risk death to save my sibling and leave my kids motherless..but that would be something to truly pray about.

thats an awesome book..

and yes i would give anything to save my sisters life.. i have 3 and i could not imagine life without them..

Yes I would. I can live with one kidney, I couldn't live without one of my siblings.

ooooh i wanted to read that i heardd it was goood !

& yeah i would end up giving her my kidney,

we fightt alott but i love herr and shes too young to die;

she dosent deserve it either, shes nice to everyonee even if their mean to herr