Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

Good modern piano songs?

Anybody know any really good piano songs?

The only suggestion I've heard so far is Adele's Hometown, which is a beautiful song, but some other suggestions would be great...

Best Answer

"Almost Lover" by A Fine Frenzy is a really great song.

"Lindsay Quit Lollygagging" & "Intensity In Ten Cities" by Chiodos.

"Roses And Butterflies" by Making April.

"How To Call A Bluff" by My Favorite Highway.

and "You Told Me You Loved Me" by Cinematic Sunrise are some of my favorites.

You can find piano covers of many songs on youtube too.

If you're interested in piano alone, without lyrics, Yiruma has beautiful music.

Great Modern Piano Songs

• Stacy

I'm not sure if teens these days nessesarily listen to these, but Anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber, particularly the Phantom of the Opera. My favorite is The Music of the Night. The music from Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings. I don't think they are incredibly difficult, but they are worth playing just the same. Try "Medallion Calls" and "He's a Pirate" from Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl and "In Dreams" and "Into the West" Along the theme of movie music: everyone loves Star Wars. Try "Main Theme", "The Imperial March", "Coronation March" and the newer "Across the Stars". John Williams has also written other numerous wonderful piano pieces, such as "Hedwig's Theme" and "Philosopher's Stone" And Disney. Everyone loves Disney.. For some more radio-like songs that would be popular: Don't Stop Believin'- Journey (old, but always popular) Yesterday- The Beatles Hey There Deliah- The Plain White T's Stairway to Heaven- ? Viva la Vida- Coldplay

You should listen to the album Solo Piano by Philip Glass. The songs are absolutely beautiful. I haven't bought the sheet music yet, but it is available.

Elton John's Candle in the Wind

Barry Manilow's I Write the Songs

Ice Castles

The Fray and Augustana have a lot of great modern piano songs. You might also try OneRepublic...they have some good ones too.

Source(s): Music Fanatic

yah i play piano and some of my favorites are "Only Hope " by mandy moore....its a beautiful piano song and Rigilleto has some really great ones too!

Source(s): for the love of the piano

Butterflies And Hurricanes - Muse

Ruled By Secrecy - Muse

Source(s): Awesome Piano

the heart asks for pleasure first is a beautiful, also staylight run - existentialism on prom night.

my favourite song ever!

Yiruma - River flows through you