Poll question: Dr.Dre vs. The RZA?

who do you think is the better producer, and why?

Favorite Answer

This is a tough one. I would choose RZA. I think you'd find a much wider range of fans for Dre than you would RZA. They play to different crowds. Name a RZA beat you can actually dance to or have heard in a club?

1

Source(s): Phone Medical Consultations Anytime - http://OnlinePhysician.neatprim.com/?OjbD

I love Dre, but Rza's light years ahead of him in terms of experimentation and the variety in his sound. Rza has done a lot more than he is usually given credit for including production in movies and cartoons as well as a lot of rarely heard rap production. He's even produced about 9 soundtracks. I wouldn't even put the two in the same category. Rza is in the top 3 with Premo & Dilla, while Dre barely makes the top 20, if that.

@ Chuck N - Brooklyn Zoo was produced by True Master.

@Mo Du - To answer your question, Bring the Pain by Method Man. Still hear it at the club to this day and that track's about 15 years old.

RZA for the following reason:

Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

Tical

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

Liquid Swords

Ironman

Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version

Wu-Tang Forever

thats 7 classics produced by RZA

Hmmm, has Dre ever scored a film? I know RZA has. I can't really say one is better than the other. Muscially, they are very different. I would give the edge to RZA only because he produced my all time favorite hip-hop song which is Raekwon's "Ice Cream." I don't know what comes over me when I hear that song. It's damn near orgasmic! Seriously!

• That is hard. They are both very good at what they do but for me I would say RZA is better. I just connect more so with his work I think. But i do love me some Dre though. Darn girl why you make pick between the two LOL.

• Cap

RZA.

The RZA's method is a lot more diverse. He's one of the few producer to keep his sound fresh through use of diverse sounds and aspects of music theory.

Dre tries to sex up the quality of his method with that "Yeah i use like 5 MPC's with samples from live musicians then i pick and choose bla bla" whereby, Until recently, He never really composed any of his own melodies. He'd give a session musician a concept and do his "Lets do 50 takes" until he had what he wanted.

Whereby its relatively basic..Plus he's notorious for taking credit for outside input on records...Scott Storch on Still D.R.E. anyone?

The RZA is a more skilled producer and has influenced a lot of producers who are potential goats on the keys (I.e. Kanye)

The only redeeming qualities I find in Dre as a producer is that he is the kinda producer who will get you onto the Billboard 100, He pioneered the G-Funk sound and he's years ahead of a lot of producers on Drum Loops.

Dr. Dre by far. I think RZA is overrated. The WU would have dropped classic albums regardless of the production, I don't even feel the production on their early releases were too good, the lyricism just took over. Some of RZA's beats sound too simple and easy to imitate. I can't say he hasn't had his handful of hits though. But Dre is much better and more successful.

• T-Mac

Between the two who ya say,i choose ''Dr.Dre'', cause i hate the new productions of The RZA,at example i don't like his last 2 Disc..

I'm an East Coast guy, and I still will say Dre. RZA is dope too, don't get me wrong, but Dre has had a much bigger impact and worked to blossom many artists' careers. I just think Dre is consistently excellent.