Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Cam asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 1 decade ago

Holiday to LA.......?

I would like to travel to LA for a 2 week holiday in august/september time.

I have an uncle there who I can stay with if I want to.

However I would like to spend maybe a few nights there, but the get a car and drive.......to wherever! Not too far because like I say, I only plan on going for 2 weeks, and want to get my plane home from LAX!

Has anyone got any suggestions for routes to take to see the sights.....grand canyon, las vegs etc.......thanks!

Favorite Answer

yes drive to vegas only 4 hrs tops, its so fun if you havent been there and so hot you might not be able to handle it. if you drive here rent a convertible not that expensive and it u do its the nicest drive of your live i got a burn for the first time in my life from driving from vegas to cali

um go shopping at only place good its better n cheaper than any mall youll find, ive been to them all SHOP AT

LOS ANGELES FASHION DISTRICT.

i got 2 paris of ripped jeans for 70 bucks, chanel purse my dream one for 40 bucks, edhardy everything you could imagine. BEST SHOPPING IVE DONE IN MY LIFE SERIOUSLY

BEST BEACH- Venice beach and santa moncica

best food - IN MALIBU at PARADISE COVE

you feet and table outside is in the sand literally and its on a private beach that ppl have to pay just to go its cheap and amazing food. onnly a 30 min drive from santa monica defently worth the drvie

just type into google for address

AUG SEPT AREN"T bad times to visit La i dont know what the girl is talking bout. I just went the past september and it was ausome beach every day it was so hot just how i like it, maybe she means its when summer is and it gets busy , i suggest going on sept 1st thats when i did and everyones done vacationing there and kids are back at school so not busy at all

Aug/Sep is a horrid time to be in LA. If have no choice, then I suggest planning 2 day trips out of LA, San Diego and SF would be better choices to be in.