Advantages and disadvantages of living in cities?
Express your point of view on living in big cities.
What are good points of living in big city and what are bad points?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I think you can find similar questions in the past, so you should be able to get a variety of answers if you look for them.
I'm taking this as literally living in the big city, not the suburbs.
1. Meet people who come from a variety of races, languages, lifestyles, ethnic groups, and political persuasions. Meet people who span the entire economic range.
2. Availability of theaters, museums, concert halls, art galleries, etc. for broad exposure to culture.
3. Opportunities for higher education and continuing education.
4. Variety of entertainment--restaurants, sporting events, night life, parks.
5. Public transportation that does not pollute very much and that saves energy.
6. Many of the best private schools are located in big cities.
8. Transportation links (highways, bus lines, trains, ships, airplanes) to other communities.
9. Good communication (broad-band Internet, different phone services, telegraph, multiple TV & radio stations, libraries, news stands with many newspapers & magazines, book stores)
1. Crime rates in urban areas are usually higher than in suburban or rural areas.
3. Little or limited access to outdoor activities (hunting, camping, hiking, skiing). However, many large cities have easy access to the ocean, large rivers, or large lakes, so boating and fishing are often available to city dwellers.
4. Public schools in large cities tend to be poor; the best public schools are usually in the suburbs. Some rural schools are also of poor quality.
5. People in rural areas more often are able to walk to work or to work at home than people in urban and suburban areas.
6. The cost of living in large cities is often very high. Many residents never have the opportunity to see theaterical productions or to attend concerts because they cannot afford them, more or less nullifying this advantage.
7. You're more likely to be able to buy healthy food in a rural area than in the city, or to grow your own.
- AbbyLv 44 years ago
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awq0G
Growing up in the country can give you immunity to allergens. Quiet, less stress, more room to play in the country. Less crime in the country. Disadvantages of country: need a car, long commutes sometimes Advantages of city: stimulation, more interaction with people, easier access to culture Disadvantages: crime, pollution, noise
- 4 years ago
give me an article about advantages and disadvantages of living in cities
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 4 years ago
Advantages:-Provides studies,different opportunities,help u become a better person,tourist places,Transportation,Meeting new people.
Disadvantages-Traffic,crimes,pollution,no relaxing or quite place,People always in a hurry........
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Good Points: public transportation, city events such as cultural festivals, exhibitions, fairs, etc. , job opportunities, never boring, cultural diversity
Bad Points: pollution, traffic, crime,
- Chef QuietLv 71 decade ago
Good: Close to roadways, close to stores, may be close to jobs, access to buses.
Bad: Lot's of traffic, pollution problems, crime, cost more, higher rent (harder to find small homes), higher taxes.
- Anonymous6 years ago