Just got dentures, how do you get the polident off your tongue, mouth, etc.?

i just had surgery to remove top and lower teeth, and have a new denture..i am supposed to put it in for 2-3 hours each day, but it hurts a lot..anyways, i bought polident extra strength(or else the dentures fall out), and when i remove the dentures, my mouth, tongue, gums, etc. are full of this gluey, over-cooked... show more i just had surgery to remove top and lower teeth, and have a new denture..i am supposed to put it in for 2-3 hours each day, but it hurts a lot..anyways, i bought polident extra strength(or else the dentures fall out), and when i remove the dentures, my mouth, tongue, gums, etc. are full of this gluey, over-cooked porridge like mess..it takes hours to scrape, brush, etc.
Anyone had this problem?
how to remove dental adhesive from your mouth after removing dentures?
Update: the other problem is.. i can't taste or chew food with the dentures..too soon post-op...i can't imagine ever eating with them..they just look nice..eventually the dentist will do aligns or something and then they will fit better. So i remove the dentures to eat pureed food. went to a restaurant with... show more the other problem is..
i can't taste or chew food with the dentures..too soon post-op...i can't imagine ever eating with them..they just look nice..eventually the dentist will do aligns or something and then they will fit better.
So i remove the dentures to eat pureed food. went to a restaurant with family last week, and watched them eat, as i can't chew with the dentures.
so do other people remove their dentures when eating, because otherwise the taste buds are covered up and food is tasteless? thanks
Update 2: my surgeon said to brush the suture line with toothpaste, and my dentist said to use polident..it has been over 3 weeks now, and it's mostly healed(for the dentist's reply)..pink thanks anyway!
3 answers