Maynard James Keenan fans, gather round...?

What do you really think of Puscifer? I just don't like them. Elaborate :)

Hey Dave!

MCBC, I the fact that the couple of songs didn't make you want to hear more says it all. I wouldn't bother hearing more.

Who cares if people get pissed? People should lighten up, huh? I think that MJK fans can be pretty humorless.

I thought APC was great though. Mer Des Noms is still in heavy rotation in my collection.

Sorry about the TDs guys. I have a troll. How childish!

Hey 80's man, KP and Shred.

Perhaps I am just spoiled? I am used to multiple eargasms when I hear Maynard sing.

• Favorite Answer

Hey Persephone!!!!

gotta admit i run super hot or super coldwith MJK.

When I love a TOOL sing, I really love it. When I hate a TOOL song, i really really really hate it. (I would call it about a 50/50 split. But I think the Justin Chancellors playing saves som otherwise average songs)

I feel about the same with APC.... some great/ some crap.

As for Puscifier...ALL crap, IMO (at least what I have heard), but I am not usually wild about experimental stuff. (Mr Bungle was pretty good for instance..but I'd take Faith No More ANYDAY over them).

I don't exactly get the "Genius" of Keenan sometimes. IMO though TOOL is far and away the best stuff he does...its just that they seem to have some overly long, repetitive songs. And too many of them kinda blend together for my personal tastes.

***Colonel Wafflejaw..you are so right about "The Pot", it is a beast to play. But as a bassplayer...I think that's why it is my favortie TOOL track.

Not a big fan. To me, it sounds like MJK trying to be Mike Patton (Well, at least Peeping Tom and Lovage Mike Patton).

I think MJK would like to be Patton though - there's some definite hero worship going on there.

They're both dynamic frontmen of often-misunderstood metal bands with numerous side projects and interesting, distinctive voices.

But Puscifer (like Peeping Tom - for the most part) was mostly a miss for me. There's definitely some interesting Mr. Bungle-esque tracks I enjoy though.

edit:

instead of looking at the previous answers, I just jumped in and posted, and shred pretty much said the same thing I did.....

my bad

This is goning to piss some people off but when it comes to Maynard, Im a Tool fan and thats it. I can not stand APC... the only song I ever heard that I liked was Judith. As for Puscifer, I cant stand that either! Now granted, I have a VERY wide taste in music but I just dont dig anything by Maynard unless its Tool (I was even disappointed in Tool's last album 10,000 Days... I mainly just like the sone "The Pot")

I'm a fan of Tool and APC and understand that Puscifier was a new artistic direction for MJK but like the other opinions listed above, it's not really a direction that is for me.

Pretty awful. I suppose it's whatever you're into, but I don't like Puscifer.

I agree that MJK fans are far too serious and should lighten up a bit. He's a brilliant singer, but he is an as*hole.

• I like puscifer for the comedy reasons...the videos are just twisted,lol...

ill tell you whats worse...is danny carey's side project....(shivers) more techno-ish than i can handle.....did not like.....did not like at all

and agreed, APC is great!...rumors of new material is floating around...

i also think 10000 is one of the better albums,...even though i dont think they have a bad one...

the pot is a ***** to play on bass.....it took a few hours of frustration to get that timing right...lol

killer peaches- that one of my favorites things about new tool albums.....your never dissappointed with justin's work...he always steps it up a notch with that wal bass ( wal basses are coming back out in england again,very excited...cant afford one,but a boy can dream)

if only i could study under robert fripp as well.....and learn those polyryhthms...(shaking head)

cheers.

Good Morning Pers (Please add me back this is my new account)

We never did talk about this band did we?

As a Major major fan of A-Grade and Experimental music and a HUGE fan of Mr. Bungle and The Sound Of Animals Fighting. I actually find some of Pusccifers music very interesting. Indigo Children is a pretty cool song. Not as genius as Patton and Bungle but still very intriguing I was meaning to tell you this a long time ago but kept forgetting. Cheers

such a let down from tool and apc, no matter how hard I try I just can't get into it (and I do listen to some weird music at times). It's like MJK is sitting at home wondering what is the worst sh!t I can add to an album and still get people to by from name alone

i love MJK--one of the best vvocalists in the last 20 years but Puscifer is garbage..its more noise than it is music-too many "artifical" sounds produced electronically

The track Indigo Children was good.

He was just being experimental. Nothin wrong with that.

To be honest, all his work is hit-or-miss.

There are large sections of Tool albums I really don't care for.

But when the music and the ideology gels, its f'n brilliant.