Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

bad news asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is it ture that Charlton Heston killed himself?

Alzheimer's is a very unkind disease.

You don't get to announce that you have alzheimer's when you are lucid and one or two years later you are deceased.

Alzheimer's doesn't work that way. This disease takes everything from you. Your dignity, your knowledge, your ability to take care of yourself.

The end game is when you are wearing a diaper and babbling.

That takes time. Lots of time, usually around 7 to 10 years.

President Ronald Reagan who had full blown alzheimer's when he was in the WhiteHouse took another 16 years to finally lose his fight to the disease.

We should all take another hard look at doctor assisted suicide.

Speak truth to power.

Mr. News

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, it is not true. Heston died on Saturday, April 5, 2008 at his home in Beverly Hills, California,The cause of death was pneumonia.

• 1 decade ago

A bigger then life figure who was a democrat for most of his life only latter becoming a Republican and supporting its candidates . He marched with Martin Luther , fought against segregation and supported John and Robert Kennedy . He opposed Vietnam and defenses the second amendment till his death . A strong voice for life he opposed abortion and as far as anyone knows he died of pneumonia .

So lets not turn this into a battle over assisted suicide . Do we want depressed teenagers and young adults to have the freedom to self terminate . After all this is the largest group of people to actually kill themselves .

• 1 decade ago

Heston was one of the few good Republicans because he didn't bother himself with any of that Christian crap, he stuck to defending guns, about the only thing I agree with Rep rats on. Heston was a great defender of manliness in a country that has become so wimpy that this supposed Alaska roughneck named Todd was such a sissy that he stayed at home while his wife ran for vice-president

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why do we give an injection to put an animal out of its misery and NOT allow the same decency for a human being? I cannot imagine anything more genuinely kind than a terminally ill patient being allowed to die when they are ready!!!!!!!!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I DONT KNOW HAVENT HEARD....BUT I SURE HOPE SO. I HOPE HE SUFFERED ON SWEET SWEET JESUS I DO.....PS THEY BURY HIM IN HIS WIG? im sure even satan has a sence of humour

• 1 decade ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.