Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

The Perks of Being a Wallflower...?

People who have read both this book and Twilight, which one would you say you enjoyed more? I am trying to see the differences in teen reaction to teen literature. Thanks in advance!

True, Twilight should always lose. But I wanted to see if anyone on this twilight infested board would dare say Twilight is superior to Perks. Apparently, though, Twilight "readers" actually DON'T know any books other than Twilight and Harry Potter, so I only have one answer to this question thus far.

Favorite Answer

Are you kidding me? The Perks of Being a Wallflower wins hands down! C'mon, give us a DIFFICULT comparison. Not one that has Twilight in it. Anything up against Twilight wins. Period (Unless it's Breaking Dawn. Then Twilight wins. Only exception.)

Now, a REAL comparison would be one like:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower or Paper Towns?

In which case I say: Paper Towns. Close call, but Paper Towns does win...

♥/\/\♥

First of all: Paper towns is amazing!

Getting to the question:

I definitely enjoyed Perks more than Twilight. I, myself, would say that Twilight is not the most well written book out there and its themes are a little shaky and Perks hold very strong themes that each of us can relate to. But the fact is that my opinion itself is very unreliable. They're both very different books and while Twilight is suited for readers looking for something easy and "fun" to read, Perks is for a more mature level of critical readers. I think most teens who have read Twilight is not an avid reader since Twilight these days have become a trend. Perks of being a wallflower appeals to teenagers who truly enjoy reading.

That is my opinion anyways and I am a teen. :D