Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Are Republicans this lost to REALLY think that Obama is going to take their money away to give it the poor?

Seriously and to the 2 or 3 democrats who think Obama is going to pay your mortgage... be real... both groups -- you really need to join the rest of us in reality.

Republicans: If Obama has some hidden agenda it's really to increase the size of government and quit possibly send the country into some Stalinistic type of society where we are saved by government if the economy gets worse. You guys really need to understand that if the US implodes we're all screwed -- Obama isn't going to save welfare mothers with your money.

The more realistic scenario is that Obama is just like any other president and will play tax games, smile on camera, Lie is a** off, and make back door deals while Corporations and banks have a great time with our country.

It's sad how stupid both democrats and republicans are becoming.

Maj0r_Pawnage - well with a name like that I'm imagining you haven't spent much time in the real world but I'll respond. How long do you think Obama would be able to play Robin Hood before Bankrupting the country? It's simply unrealistic to take money from a producer and give it to a non-producer -- eventually you run out of money and QUICKLY. It's all campaign bullsh*t.

Favorite Answer

No, you're not getting it. They say that. It is an excuse for republicans. You see they want to go back where they could look down on ppl and even get rewarded (second class citizenship).

They want tradition. Where they benefit & can turn their head off of the destruction of a class of ppl that they have "proved" are not intelligent. They fail to tell anyone they prohibited & made it agains the law to teach a black person english. Oh, btw, slaves spoke a different language.

They forgot to tell you they could imprison blacks when THEY killed someone & blamed it on "those ppl hiding in the bushes"!

Republicans chant be free or die. What they mean is that NOTHING WILL COST THEM, (or little next to nothing) OR YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!

They are greedy, they want schools, streets, unemployment, military, police, etc...... and not pay for them.

They like to borrow and make a national debt and the fools that believe that THAT ISN'T RAISING TAXES are just tools because MOST OF THOSE REPUBLICANS DON'T KNOW COME HERE FROM SICK EM'.

First of all most democrats don't think that. That is what republicans say we think.

Democrats PAY as we go along and have always had to balance the budget after the Republicans have destroyed the country with weak dollars, recession, national debt, bad diplomacy, unempolyment, wars that has nothing to do with ANY OF OUR BUSINESS and last but not all or least BAIL OUTS. Which republicans do EVERYTIME they get in. While that means money from our taxes to give to the rich those idiots that are republicans always say that the DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO BALANCE THE BUDGET & BE FISCALLY SOUND.

Oh, that's right they say WE JUST WANT TO SPEND MONEY, the money that REPUBLICANS put us in debt for.

Where do I start? While the war isn't cheap, one has to ask what the alternative would cost us... particularly now. Also, the bailout alone cost as much as the war. And I don't know where you're getting this whole interest thing from... there's been nothing about it in the news. I can't prove it's not happening, but you really need to show some evidence (and not huffpo crap either) on that. "Then Bush took all the money away from the Middle Class and gave it to the Business Owners." - Really? When did he do that? And how? He had the tax cuts, but that was giving money back to the middle class, who BTW made more money in 2006 (pre- Pelosi) then in 2000 (pre- Bush). Try making an assertion that's correct next time. With that struck down, the remainder of your Bush analysis (and most of the Obama analysis) is considered moot as well. "With Obama cutting the growth of the National Debt" - Read his plan again. With the amount of new spending he wants, even if he were to cut the war cold turkey and that wouldn't spring up additional terrorism costs (a dubious assumption indeed), the debt would rise under his plans.

"The more realistic scenario is that Obama is just like any other president and will play tax games, smile on camera, Lie is a** off, and make back door deals while Corporations and banks have a great time with our country."

When you consider the fact that Obama's latest "tax break" is really no different from Bush's tax rebate "stimulus" checks, what you are saying starts to make sense. Especially when his so called tax break is accompanied by massive spending, which means we are essentially getting checks in the mail paid for by IOUs to china so we can go out into the market place and buy chinese-manufactured goods.

Obama is the biggest con man yet. He's already agreeing with Bush way too much on corporate welfare for my taste. So much for change we can believe in.

The way the parties are set up is so that if you are in the Democratic party, they normally want more government, and one thing goes to another, leading to taxing. Republicans believe in less government, which leads to less taxing. He also said that the top 5% of Americans and give there money to the poor. Many people will not be affected, but think about the situation. If you were rich, and worked hard for your money, would you want it taken away from you? If you say that you don't care you are lying to yourself.

The laws to broaden the government are there in place on the books if people do not read the signs that is their fault.

We will all pay with our freedom and yes communism is here and getting stronger and Obama is going to try to shove it down our throats because he is a marxist muslim piece of hatched excrement.

I make over $250,000, but I also owe several millions to my cousins, and the upcoming tax increases are going to be harsh on me. I'm not lost, just stating his plan. Why am I considered a criminal for making more than 250K a year? Why? It's not that I didn't work my AS$ off and went through hell to be successful, because I did. The guy will send me outta business.

It is sad how stupid you have already become. Taking higher taxes from the "rich" and giving it to the poor, and not just the ones in America! Obama has signed on to a UN resolution to "end poverty" which would commit the us to spend $1 Trillion on aiding in poverty around the world within two decades. So he is raising taxes on Americans, to help Africans. cool

• Bobbie

The ones on Yahoo Answers seem to be.

That is what Obama said himself. Did you know that Obama wants a World Poverty Fund that all Americans will be forced to contribute to by a payroll deduction? It's true.

Republicans don't really believe that

but it's the only thing they can come up with right now.