How can I live in Tokyo Japan?

Is it possible for me to live in Tokyo and be a Doctor there. Because I want to live in Tokyo Japan really badly so how can I start doing that?

Best Answer

It's possible, but to do so you first need to be able to speak, read and write Japanese fluently. You will also need to be able to read a Japanese newspaper{2000 Kanji(all on-yomi and kun-yomi), Hiragana and Katakana}.

Next, you will need a university degree in order to qualify for a work permit.

Then, you will need to find an employer who will sponsor you, take care of you while you get established, so you won't get into trouble.

After you have all of that, you need to have enough money saved up to allow you to survive for the first 6 months without any help.

That means you will need to find accommodation. Most landlords will not rent to foreigners, but if they DO do so, you will need to pay the landlord one month rent, one month damage deposit, one or two months(depending on the accommodation) NON-REFUNDABLE key money.

After you have taken care of that, have moved in, and started working, you will not get paid until the end of the second month(in America the first paycheque is held back only 2 weeks), so you need to have sufficient funds to tide you over for at least 6 months.

What kind of Doctor you meant to be? MD is too hard in Japan because national exam you have to pass will be only offered in Japanese. You must graduate 6 years for the qualification to apply the exam too.

Foreign license is not effective to work in Japan as MD legally.

Get marry with Japanese citizen. It is shortest way to get spouse visa to stay in Tokyo, Japan easily. Otherwise, you have to be very rich for getting investor visa on behalf of Japanese corporation owner.

Hello.

I am Ken from Tokyo,Japan.

At first,do you already have a doctor license?

If you don't,you had better take it before coming to Tokyo or apply japanese universities.

If you do,I think you can find a job as a doctor very easily here.

If you want,I will help you.

No, it's not possible.You would have to graduate from a Japanese college.To do that you would need to be able to speak, read and write Japanese at a medical level. Going to medical school would cost well over $80,000,plus living costs.

If you have a BA degree, you might be able to find work as an English teacher.But it won't be long term work.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but Japan isn't the promised land many people seem to think it is.Japan's economy isn't in good share at this time.

Maybe, you'd have to learn the language and probably try and interview at local hospitals..

Marry a japanese

just say konichiwa and they will accept you. also carry legal documents supporting your degree in medecine too.

don`t know, but if u find out, take me with you, i`ll work as your driver ;)

Tell your online hoochi you cant make it....

Stay here if you are serious.