Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

Would it be weird to have a photo shoot of me nursing my baby?

Not to be published, displayed or posted anywhere but to have them for my own sentiment. I have always thought that it would be meaningful to do something like that. Breast feeding is such a beautiful thing that I would love to have pictures to remember the time I spent nursing my baby. Would that be so strange or weird?

Please keep in mind that the pictures would be for my own sentimental value and that I have a close female friend who is an amazing photographer who would do the photos. If you are going to say something offensive, I ask that you keep it to yourself.

Noah's Mommy- I just don't know if that is weird or if others have done the same. My husband thinks it's kind of strange but he told me "what ever makes you happy" :)

k-dub- Thank you for at least being respectful, unlike another user here. I appreciate your honesty and respect.

Favorite Answer

Not at all! I say go for it! My mom has pictures of nursing me. And I think they are beautiful. It's not weird. I have many pictures of me nursing aaron and {with the exception of one} they are in his baby book. I have a photographer friend who will be shooting us in about a week. I say go for it. This time will pass all to fast and it's good to have on paper what the memory will forget. Good for you! And like another poster I have some {very classy, well done} nudes of me pregnant. Those are just for me and hubby though!

no offense but i don't like the idea of her NOT HAVING A SHIRT ON in the photos shes only 15 maybe if she was 21 or something but even if she did have the cloth in front of her it wasn't something a 15 year old Disney star should do. Especially since so many little girls look up to her.

• me

If it's for yourself, than I don't see why you're worried about what we think!

Since you asked, I think that it would just be good for both you and your baby to have memories of that. But, I wouldn't do it professionally. When you take professional pictures, it's not really natural. I'd just have your husband take them, or something like that. I don't see why you couldn't have your friend take them, but I just wouldn't like have the pictures look like you just hired Life Touch! LOL!!

But I think capturing those moments are a good idea, because before you know it, that baby's going to be GROWN! So definately do it!! Good Luck!

NO WAY! I think that is a good idea actually because i think you will miss it when bub stops feeding at the breast and pictures will enable you to remember the time you spent nursing him/her.

Also about your hubby- guys just don't understand how much mums enjoy nursing, they cant understand that after 9 months inside our bellys we need to feel as close as possible with our baby and nursing is the next best thing.

Source(s): I would do the same thing
  • Ali

That would be great! I actually got some really great professional photos nursing my 3 year old. I have a photographer in the family, which made if very comfortable. They aren't in frames or albums to be displayed, but every so often I look at them. I miss those days so much!

My personal feeling about stuff like this is that if it exists, there is potential for it to get out into places you wouldn't want it to go. I wouldn't personally do it and I don't really understand why you'd want to (even for sentimental reasons), but it's your decision to make and I do respect that, nor would I criticize you for doing it.

PS - I think by asking on here, you kind of set yourself up to get derogatory remarks. Many don't know how to be respectful when they see questions that go outside the realm of what they consider normal. If you can't ignore them, this is probably the wrong forum to ask the question. Hopefully, I've answered you in a respectful manner.

I have a couple of photos of me nursing Elyse when she was a newborn - I love them! Brings back such good memories. Especially since you have a friend who is a photographer I say go for it!

• B

No way - that would be a great sentimental thing.

Besides if anyone has a problem with it, why don't they care about women flashing their boobs all over the TV and in media.

There are more revealing photos in any magazine you pick up than in a breastfeeding photo shoot.

Go for it - have fun!

• No in fact it would be beautiful i have many although not professionally done of me nursing my DD, i no longer breastfeed so those pictures are lovely to look back on .

I think they look great in black and white as well

x

• That would be beautiful! You would have such precious memories to look back on. Ignore those who think it is weird. As long as it isn't weird to you then go for it!