Are you pro-life? What will you do now that all measles vaccines contain aborted fetus cells?

There used to be a pro-life alternative to injecting your children with aborted fetus cells in the MMR vaccine. Only the rubella portion contained aborted fetus cells, so you could choose to get the separate measles vaccine, and the separate mumps vaccine, skipping the rubella vaccine. Merck has now taken that option away from people. They will now only make the combined MMR vaccine, which contains aborted fetus cells. http://www.aafp.org/online/en/home/publications/ne...

If you are pro-life, what will you do now?

If you didn't know that the MMR contains aborted fetus cells, here's the proof. http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/m/mm...

(Google WI-38 which is listed in the ingredients on the first page). It is from a female, 3 month old aborted fetus.

"WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts"

My source is Merck's website, the pharmaceutical company that makes the vaccine.

"Troll,"(that's his name, I'm not being rude): Parents can get a waiver for vaccines required for school, for philosophical or religious reasons. This may be a situation where pro-life parents should consider getting a waiver. http://mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=...

AZ R, you need to research the history of WI-38 a little better. Here's a good start. http://cogforlife.org/ (click on "A Moral and Historical Perspective) on the left side of the page). The WI-38 cell line was NOT found and developed by chance.

Favorite Answer

Vaccines developed by Merck and GlaxoSmithKline for Rubella, Hepatitis-A and Varicella (Chicken Pox) are developed in a culture of human diploid cells taken from the lungs of two babies aborted in the 1960s. In both cases, the abortions were legally performed (in Europe) and the babies were healthy.

One of these was Baby WI-38. What is commonly referred to as the “WI-38 cell culture” was derived from a female fetus aborted at 3 months gestation in 1961. Diploid cells harvested from her lungs have been cultured and reproduced in American laboratories for the past 37 years as a efficacious, human medium for cultivating the infectious agents needed in the manufacture of live-virus vaccines.

Apparently, the cells were originally harvested from an aborted fetus in the 60's and have been reproduced repeatedly from there. That is kind of troubling.

• Az R

WI-38 is from 1962, and it's a cell line that was created by chance. A doctor happened to save the cells from an abortion and they've been grown ever since. They've formed the foundation of modern virology.

Also, the cells aren't actually -IN- the vaccine. That'd be pointless, ridiculous and hazardous. The cells are in culture plates, and the viral proteins are collected from the growth media and purified. So don't portray it like they're harvesting dead babies and manufacturing them into vaccines. They aren't.

Yes. I am essentially pro life, but if you're going to have a hissy fit about something that happened almost fifty years ago, that's just irrational, especially considering rubella. What that diseases does to newborns is simply -revolting-. Anyone who takes issue with a group of cells over a child's health shouldn't be calling themselves pro life.

EDITL: My god that's a horribly inaccurate and misleading source. The first page I looked at had no less than a dozen contradictions of basic cell biology and culture technique. Some of the stuff on here wasn't accurate eighty years ago, let alone fifty, some of the regents and techniques rambled about didn't exist twenty years ago, let alone when WI-38 was generated. It contains both paranoid conspiracy theories and severe misunderstandings of basic chemistry.

Yes, I'm pro-life. I make Sarah Palin look like Margaret Sanger.

What will I do? Well, I have had my full round; nearly everybody on here has. My step-daughter has had her MMR, and when my husband and I finally have a child of our own, that child will have the MMR.

The fact is that the MMR vaccine, like the chickenpox vaccine, is made from a small ammount of the MMR viruses that are alive, but in a weakened state.

I don't know where you're getting your information, but it is clearly propaganda from the pro-abortion leagues out there, such as Planned Parenthood, in a poor, misguided attempt to change the minds of those who have regard for the sanctity of life.

Also, your source says nothing of aborted fetal cells, which is your allegation. Not of the human kind, anyway.

More research, less assumption.

"...if a pregnant woman catches rubella... it can infect her fetus and cause birth defects. ...Rubella is the most risky to a fetus during the first trimester..."

Rubella-induced birth defects are called congenital rubella sydrome, or CRS.

"...some of the birth defects in a fetus are permanent (hearing loss, heart, eye, and brain defects, and growth problems). Rubella can also cause stillbirth."

"The rubella virus was originally taken from an infected aborted fetus in the 1960s."

Taken from The Vaccine Book by Robert W. Sears, M.D., F.A.A.P.

What many people don't realize is that it is entirely possible this "aborted" fetus was a stillbirth. It doesn't stop being an abortion just because the mother did not intentionally try to get rid of the baby.

you may want to further your research and you will see that there are alternatives using animal cells which is what they used way back in a day. I had the ones from animal cells and I did just fine. I am pro life by the way. google it and you will see many people are using the alternative vaccines and doing just great....... Just because Merck does not make it does not mean it is not available.

Well, since I can't just remove it what do you propose we do? Sue the government and the physicians for injecting us with something we don't agree with? Even in prison they cannot make prisoners eat Jello who don't believe in eating pork (comes from the hoof of the pig, in case you didn't know it). Will it really do any good to sue the government? Will it undo what was done? Protest?

Give the child the vaccine. Skipping the rubella will be bad for the child and it's not going to reverse the abortion or for that matter abortions in general. I do not believe in abortions but It is the choice of the individuals who choose to have them and their God. I try to stay out of things that are not my business and you should to.

Aren't those required vaccinations for kids entering into schools?

I don't know why, but somehow I find that funny.

This is complete fallacy, and not to mention, a fairly well-known urban legend.

Check with a medical doctor or nurse and find out the real facts as to what is in an MMR vaccine. They don't, and never did, contain any product from a fetus.

• Abortion was invented by the Reptilian branch of the Spanish Illuminati around 1372 AD [1]. They used to it prevent children from becoming sinners, rock stars, Kabbalists, televangelists, or Gary Busey. In 1972 AD abortion became part of the Liberal Communist Zionist Marxist Dentist NWO agenda.[2]

In James 3:11 we are told that measles is caused by SIN, and that vaccines cause autism. Instead, to combat measles, we need to pray over a box of mothballs and bathe in gravy whilst repeating the Lord's Prayer in Welsh.