Is it better to have a High Credit Limit or a Low Credit Limit?

So which is better: Keep a high credit Limit but not using much credit on them, OR have a low credit limit but using more credit on them? Let me explain: Is it better to have several credit cards with each at a high credit limit (e.g. $10,000 credit limit for each card) or it better to have a low credit limit... show more So which is better: Keep a high credit Limit but not using much credit on them, OR have a low credit limit but using more credit on them?

Let me explain:

Is it better to have several credit cards with each at a high credit limit (e.g. $10,000 credit limit for each card) or it better to have a low credit limit for each card (e.g. $1500 credit limit for each card)?

I am curious as to whether a person who has a high credit limit is looked upon less favorably because they have more access to potential debt...but alternatively they could be looked on more favorably because they are able to manage money so well that they can have high credit limits (and lets assume they dont use much of the credit).