Media Studies GCSE, I had to come back for three and a half hours after school?

I'm 13 years old, and in year 9, & I started my GCSEs a few months ago. Yes, I have picked my options, doing coursework and I'm studying for my actual GCSEs. Our school starts our GCSEs a year earlier so that we don't have to cram it all in to two years. Anyway, I picked media studies, & I thought... show more I'm 13 years old, and in year 9, & I started my GCSEs a few months ago. Yes, I have picked my options, doing coursework and I'm studying for my actual GCSEs. Our school starts our GCSEs a year earlier so that we don't have to cram it all in to two years.

Anyway, I picked media studies, & I thought that apart from the excessive homework - it was alright. In the adverts that our school had shown for media studies, they made it seem as if we were be going to do a lot of filming things like our own news broadcasts, which I thought sounded fun.

But I thought that we'd be doing that sort of stuff during class time, not coming back after school to do it. The week before half term, we all had to stay after school one day and set our set up, which took about 2 hours. Then the next day, we actually filmed our news program, which took 3 & a half hours. That's almost 4 hours after school. Our school finishes at 2:40, and we didn't get out till a little gone 6.

My question is, for anybody who did or is doing media studies during their GCSEs, did you have to do anything similar to this; or was it just me? And, if so, did you have to do it multiple times - or was it just a one off occasion. Because I know that I've been doing it for months now, but I think if you ask well enough, and write up all the missed work for your new subject, then they will let you drop one; because if we're gonna do this on regular occasions, then I want to drop Media; I don't want to be coming back after school for 4hours all the time for the next 3 years.

Thanks.