How expensive is Prague these days?

How much is the average rent for a small apartment in Prague these days? all I can find on the internet are tourist/business lets, which are always so expensive.

For one reason and another, I may have to leave the Netherlands soon, and was thinking of heading east. I've met so many Czechs in Western Europe in the last few years, I thought maybe Prague was empty :)

What's the cost of living like - nothing extravagant, maybe a 2 bedroom apartment, and living reasonably frugally.

Favorite Answer

A 40-50 m2 appartment cost around 12-15.000 CZK per month (near city center - Prague 2, 3, 6, 7, etc.), it might be even 30.000 CZK if it is in the center of Prague. A cost for food (eating home) is around 5 to 7.000 per month, one dinner out for two around 600 - 1.000 CZK (can be of course 5.000 CZK depending on the place). other costs like transportation and so on can be more 2.000-4.000 crowns.

Check this:

http://www.sreality.cz/byty-k-pronajmu

Hope this helps ;) Do not hesitate to ask more :)

Prague is one of many towns worth-visit and to achieve that you can start preparing your vacation with hotelbye . Starting with the wonderful place around the Prague Castle or the Strahov monastery with its exceptional selection and finish with …the entire great city, Prague is simply incredible. In Prague you can even visit the little house where Franz Kafka labored or the beautiful Prague Castle gardens from where you can like a unique see of the town with its picturesque red roofs. In this city you will never get bored. If you should go throughout the spring you will find the spring woods in blossom; in the summertime you might find extended dusks; fall will provide you with vibrant leaves and special light and in the winter you will relish the whole city included with innocent white snow.